The pot that never boils...

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The more we are ready for these cars to be delivered, the further from us they seem to be. This is just like watching a pot of water waiting for it to boil. The minute you finally look away it starts bubbling. I feel that is where we are currently at on the forums. There is very little new material and we are anxious about at least one of us getting a car.

I think if I keep checking for updates it will only make it get delayed even more! I am waiting for Hethel to let me know if I can change my color spec, but other than that, I think we are in a holding pattern until something major happens.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We're going through a period of unusually prolonged hot and dry weather in the UK at the moment. Perfect weather to take delivery of a new car and enjoy a road trip.

I'm convinced the first customer cars won't arrive until the weather breaks and we're into some grey and rainy days - which can happen in Sept and Oct here, we don't have to wait for winter!

It's like taking an umbrella with you when you leave the house - it almost guarantees it won't rain!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The more we are ready for these cars to be delivered, the further from us they seem to be. This is just like watching a pot of water waiting for it to boil. The minute you finally look away it starts bubbling. I feel that is where we are currently at on the forums. There is very little new material and we are anxious about at least one of us getting a car.

I think if I keep checking for updates it will only make it get delayed even more! I am waiting for Hethel to let me know if I can change my color spec, but other than that, I think we are in a holding pattern until something major happens.

Sure, but I'm hungry for my pasta now!!! 😂

You're probably right. Some of us Emira obsessed forum members could benefit from looking away for a bit. My only concern is I might eventually return just to find out I forgot to turn on the burner... aka more delays!

#fortheanalogies

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sure, but I'm hungry for my pasta now!!! 😂

You're probably right. Some of us Emira obsessed forum members could benefit from looking away for a bit. My only concern is I might eventually return just to find out I forgot to turn on the burner... aka more delays!

#fortheanalogies
There’s a possibility it never gets delivered at all…

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I must confess this is definitely a first for me - having to wait this long for a car. I have to remind myself that the wait isn't weeks or months,.......but YEARS.

But other than preoccupying myself with work, girlfriend (of whom I am proposing to this year), family, friends, travel, and my M2 Comp, I like to spend time with this awesome community.

You all help to make the time go by easier/faster. Just think about how ALL of our conversation/topics will change once we ALL have delivery. Then it's going to be nonstop "what engine cover should I get to match my color?", "can we do a group buy for community t-shirt/swag?", etc.

nfollin

Reaction score
I think I'd be more upset if there was even another option I had considered. I've routinely gone for "whatever isn't the Porsche", because while they are amazing, they don't look or feel special to me. Same reason I got my AMG GT over a 911. If I didn't have the AMG GT, I'd be a bit more anxious about it, and I do want to drive manual again, but I've got a set of keys to enjoy a spirited drive, and I'm just basically happy i have a build in, and i don't have to wait 2 or 3 years like I thought i would based on when I put in my deposit.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I must confess this is definitely a first for me - having to wait this long for a car. I have to remind myself that the wait isn't weeks or months,.......but YEARS.

But other than preoccupying myself with work, girlfriend (of whom I am proposing to this year), family, friends, travel, and my M2 Comp, I like to spend time with this awesome community.

You all help to make the time go by easier/faster. Just think about how ALL of our conversation/topics will change once we ALL have delivery. Then it's going to be nonstop "what engine cover should I get to match my color?", "can we do a group buy for community t-shirt/swag?", etc.

Congratulations on the pending engagement.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

congrats!
Life is a beach.
truth might be that you get married and divorced before Emira arrives.
Then new chapter!!
🪄🎉
Everything is gonna be alright!

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think members are looking away, not watching. The new threads are down to a trickle with no new info, nothing dependable anyway. Maybe something will happen soon....soooon...

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I think members are looking away, not watching. The new threads are down to a trickle with no new info, nothing dependable anyway. Maybe something will happen soon....soooon...

This place will explode with new content once customers start getting cars!

It's sounding like I won't get mine until early 2023, but I promise I'll be posting all sorts of details and new photos/videos often.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This place will explode with new content once customers start getting cars!

It's sounding like I won't get mine until early 2023, but I promise I'll be posting all sorts of details and new photos/videos often.
If I get mine in November 2023, it'll be the best birthday present ever.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
If I get mine in November 2023, it'll be the best birthday present ever.

There are all sorts of milestones and events I was hoping for that aren't going to happen. I wanted to take my Emira to a couple weddings in September of this year, then on a New England autumn roadtrip, and this year's Christmas charity exotic car event at the local children's hospital... clearly going to miss all of that so now I'm just hoping to have it before my next birthday at the end of April.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There are all sorts of milestones and events I was hoping for that aren't going to happen. I wanted to take my Emira to a couple weddings in September of this year, then on a New England autumn roadtrip, and this year's Christmas charity exotic car event at the local children's hospital... clearly going to miss all of that so now I'm just hoping to have it before my next birthday at the end of April.
Yeah, when I say "if", it's a BIG if.

Man we're a depressing bunch. LOL

How has it come to this???