The I4 Emira is just a PONZI scheme

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The facts :

1) the I4 EMIRA version shown in person for people to sit and touch at dealers was just a "pusher" unit driven by electric motors
2) Not one I4 has been spotted in the wild
3) Not one I4 has been driven by any human for evaluation or review
4) Not one I4 EMIRA has been photographed or video recorded operating with the I4 engine under its own power.
5) the video of "Lotus a new Dawn" showing the prototype was some just some cobbled together mess and was just made to solicit deposits
6) No one has heard the I4 engine in the EMIRA. ( Lotus a new Dawn video was just a I4 engine pulled from an A class M-B dropped into a EVORA to keep
the fraud going)
7) Matt Windell made a cryptic post about taking some time off ( most likely leaving to non extraditing Brazil with all the I4 deposits)

its looking more and more that the I4 Emira is nothing other than another "Theranos Elizabeth Holmes" ponzi scam

This is the "white paper" research project I am sending to the wall street journal to investigate !!

THE I4 EMIRA is a PONZI SCHEME !!

Last edited:
The facts :

1) the I4 EMIRA version shown in person for people to sit and touch at dealers was just a "pusher" unit driven by electric motors
2) Not one I4 has been spotted in the wild
3) Not one I4 has been driven by any human for evaluation or review
4) Not one I4 EMIRA has been photographed or video recorded operating with the I4 engine under its own power.
5) the video of "Lotus a new Dawn" showing the prototype was some just some cobbled together mess and was just made to solicit deposits
6) No one has heard the I4 engine in the EMIRA. ( Lotus a new Dawn video was just a I4 engine pulled from an A class M-B dropped into a EVORA to keep
the fraud going)
7) Matt Windell made a cryptic post about taking some time off ( most likely leaving to non extraditing Brazil with all the I4 deposits)

its looking more and more that the I4 Emira is nothing other than another "Theranos Elizabeth Holmes" ponzi scam

This is the "white paper" research project I am sending to the wall street journal to investigate !!

THE I4 EMIRA is a PONZI SCHEME !!
I do not agree, however also believe that the actual i4 problems are more severe than we "know" now and much bigger and more elaborate as initially expected by Lotus.
I also fear that the cooperation with the German AMG supplier is not so flexible as necessary and expected by Lotus and that AMG has certain demands making it difficult for Lotus to satisfy?
Furthermore the recent sudden offer of V6's in China is a surprise to me..........

As described doesn’t fit the description of a Ponzi scheme.

BUT it is reminiscent of Shelby famously building one Cobra, then painting it different colors for magazine reviews, test drives, etc., to make it seem like he had cars in production.

I agree with Rudolph, that development was harder than V6. Tom has pointed out that the heat issue may be a major one.

I also think that by launching the i4 will be damaging to the V6. Although the manual enthusiast (me) will still buy the V6 for that reason, it seems that people have driven the i4 and prefer it. Jenson Button during a podcast said flat out he would choose the i4 to the manual Emira. Remember he is using the V6 in the Radford Lotus. So for him to say that really shows that the car will be more fitting to the i4. Every reviewer has also said they feel that the i4 might be the be the better car. I think some of them have perhaps driven/heard the car around Hethel during the time there, but obviously have confidentiality agreements for reviews on what they hear and see while at Hethel.

So in closing, I do think the i4 Emira will perform and feel much more modern. I am fairly certain they don't want to steal the V6 thunder just yet. I still want a manual. Call me old, but it's just special to me.

It’s certainly possible it’s an elaborate Ponzi scheme but I feel it’s highly unlikely. At the end of the day Lotus have been around for decades, they do have a proper factory, significant workforce and are well funded by Geely.

I can’t see Lotus, Geely or AMG signing off on an I4 Emira with the AMG engine if it wasn’t fundamentally a viable engine for that car. AMG would surely have some strict technical requirements that Lotus would have to meet in order to reach a supply agreement.

However, I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes longer than we’ve been told to iron out all the creases. It’s one thing to build a few samples, it’s another to put a complex machine into mass production and build them to a consistent standard, efficiently.

Agreed, the sudden offer of the V6 Emira in China is a weird one. Could just be a way to appease buyers and get some cash flowing until the I4 is ready. It doesn’t scream the I4 is never gonna come. When it’s gonna come is the big question ;)

because it's Lotus... Not sure if you heard of Dany Bahar Lotus CEO... Launched "new dawn" for lotus, 5 new models. None ever made production and company had to be sold. Again.

From Wiki -

At the 2009 Geneva Motor Show he was approached by Malaysian car maker Proton – owner of British manufacturer Lotus, which had been operating at a loss for 15 years.[12][13] He became CEO of Group Lotus in October that year and launched a five-year plan intended to target emerging markets like China.[14][15] At the 2010 Paris Motor Show, Lotus unveiled five new cars in a bid to move away from its low-margin model and move upmarket to rival Ferrari, Aston Martin and Porsche.[16] Later that year Lotus returned to Formula One with the relaunch of the Renault F1 Team as Lotus Renault GP.[17][18] In 2011 Lotus opened its first showroom in Beijing, offering four coupes.[19]

Following an internal investigation, amid allegations that he was misusing company funds for extravagant expenses, Bahar was dismissed from his role as CEO in June 2012.[20][21] That August, he sued DRB and Lotus for £6.7m, alleging Lotus dismissed him to avoid paying five percent of the company's value he was owed as a result of the recent acquisition of the company by DRB-Hicom.[15][22] Lotus later sued Bahar for £2.5m in an effort it said was to recoup some of the money he had spent.[21] An out-of-court settlement was reached in May 2014.[23]

Why would anyone actually take me seriously ? I am in shock regarding some replies.
It’s a discussion, that’s what a forum is for. Replying to counter your points doesn’t mean someone thinks you believe it’s a Ponzi scheme or not. Your original statement would suggest you felt there was some truth to it, but I personally didn’t take it literally.

You wrote a fairly long post with a statement and then went onto back it up. If you didn’t want to discuss it, then don’t start the thread.

If you start a discussion, then try to belittle those that responded, then that’s not really in the spirit of a discussion group. Those that responded to you didn’t belittle what is clearly a very unlikely scenario (I4 being a Ponzi scheme), so a little respect/civility in return would be in order.

My take is that something is up with the i4. What it is, who knows.

I doubt it's just that the i4 is faster than the V6. That's already been published on Lotus's website. You can't compete with the shift speeds of a DCT.

If it's a cooling issue, so much for porosity!!!

Lotus already published that out of the gate the 360hp i4 is going to be 'faster' than the V6 due to the lightning fast shifts of the DCT. So they're not hiding performance to sell the V6. Everyone already knows it's going to be a tick or 2 faster. Once they turn up the boost, it will be a sub 4 second car in a blink.

If I didn't have already have my 4C with a DCT, it would have made the engine choice much harder.

The idea of buying "one more" new sports car with a manual transmission was just too hard to pass up.

I am just hoping my base edition I4 can be delivered before 2024……

It seems like a fantasy for me now that there’s not even a single test/sample vehicle available at around the end of 2022’s summer.

And yes, the release of of V6 Manual in China is nothing more than an appeasement.

My take is that something is up with the i4. What it is, who knows.

I doubt it's just that the i4 is faster than the V6. That's already been published on Lotus's website. You can't compete with the shift speeds of a DCT.

If it's a cooling issue, so much for porosity!!!

Lotus already published that out of the gate the 360hp i4 is going to be 'faster' than the V6 due to the lightning fast shifts of the DCT. So they're not hiding performance to sell the V6. Everyone already knows it's going to be a tick or 2 faster. Once they turn up the boost, it will be a sub 4 second car in a blink.

If I didn't have already have my 4C with a DCT, it would have made the engine choice much harder.

The idea of buying "one more" new sports car with a manual transmission was just too hard to pass up.
I don’t think the I4 model will be noticeably faster than the V6, at least in stock form. The M139+DCT will have a lot of potential (that’s why I am getting this one) and I admit this fact, but I believe Lotus will try everything they can to “make” the both version performs at at least a similar level, or that will be a huge mistake for them to charge the V6 at a higher premium price in the business strategy making perspective.

I do agree though it’s the cooling issue that troubles Lotus for putting the M139 in the Mid-engine layout. That’s probably the most likely reason of why we haven’t see a single I4 model yet. But the 360HP horsepower detuning is definitely more due to the previous reason.

Your original statement would suggest you felt there was some truth to it, but I personally didn’t take it literally.

I wrote that Windell is most likely in Brazil with all of the stolen deposits for the I4's.

dead give away.

I am just hoping my base edition I4 can be delivered before 2024……

It seems like a fantasy for me now that there’s not even a single test/sample vehicle available at around the end of 2022’s summer.

And yes, the release of of V6 Manual in China is nothing more than an appeasement.
Although I am desperately to get hands on this car as earlier as possible, my recommendation for all I4 wanters is still “don’t put deposits down so early but wait until Lotus first test car out and see how it goes.”

I wrote that Windell is most likely in Brazil with all of the stolen deposits for the I4's.
Found him ! Our deposits are intact !

1661582872207.png