The engine fault light remains on.

Vpower10

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My car has now driven 14,000 km and has already had several updates. A final update last week. But even before this update and now the last one last week, the engine fault light keeps coming on. Last time my garage told me that this was not a problem and that this would be addressed in the next update. But after the last update last week it went away for a while, after about 100 km it suddenly came back and stayed. The car drives perfectly and does not indicate that anything is wrong. After a phone call to the garage, they went to Lotus to listen to how this could happen because they were apparently aware of it. In any case, this has to go because it always seems like there is something wrong with the car. Anyone else having this problem?

Icoon voor Geverifieerd door de community

Attachments

• engine light.jpg
    engine light.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 33
OP
Vpower10

Vpower10

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Get a OBD II reader
ok thanks for the response, can you specifically recommend one to me and I will order it. I don't know anything about it myself, but can I easily see why the engine warning light comes on, what causes the fault?

Icoon voor Geverifieerd door de community

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
ok thanks for the response, can you specifically recommend one to me and I will order it. I don't know anything about it myself, but can I easily see why the engine warning light comes on, what causes the fault?
Most of the codes can be read this way. Any OBD II reader should work. Some extra ones can only be read by Lotus-specific software unavailable to the public.

Veepeak does the job for me:
https://www.amazon.de /gp/product/B073XKQQQW/

You'll need a compatible App. For iOS / Mac I use "CarScanner"
https://apps.apple.com/de/app/car-scanner-elm-obd2/id1259933623

Usage is simple: Select the scan option, hit scan, and wait for codes to be read. A short description will be shown. You can google the code for more details or ask here - it's probably a known problem.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had this on my new i4 after the first drive. It remained so I took it to the dealership and they said the cause was "indeterminate". They reset it and so far it has not returned. The PPF detailer I used has had a lot of Emiras in and he said that many of them had the CEL lit. It seems to be a very common issue possibly caused by overly sensitive sensors. If it comes back then I will try out my old ODB2 reader to see if I can get a code.

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The engine light is often caused be a sensor giving a rogue reading - once the error has been logged it stays there in the system log until the garage clears it.

Or - on some occasions it will clear itself.

I have a VW T6 - and I have been plagued with the engine light since new (2018) - in fact it's on right now.

It is often triggered by a long journey, or sometimes going to a different filling station than normal can trigger it.

Sometimes - it will just go out on it's own.

When it was new, it had loads of sensors and bits replaced - but the error has persisted on and off.

VW told me I should take it in every time it comes on - I told them I'd be there every week.

I also bought a cheap ODB reader (about £30) so I could clear the error - often goes away for 6 months or more...