The Corvette Z06 is King!

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

SmokeGlider

Reaction score
Thats pretty sick. And she was chillin’ with her air con on the whole time!

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is why I say....pound (British :) ) per dollar, there's no better buy on planet earth at the moment . A few notes, the girl is not paddle shifting and also Chevy is working on a hybrid which should be quicker, insane!!
My friend keeps teasing me about going back to Chevy.......There's something very special about Lotus that moves my soul...

(1343) 2023 Corvette Z06 vs Lamborghini Evo vs Ferrari 458: The Official Supercar Killer Race - YouTube
That’s why I have a deposit on the upcoming C8 E-RAY. Love both the Emira and the C8 but they’re different cars and my garage can hold 2 supercars. The race is on to see which arrives first!

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s why I have a deposit on the upcoming C8 E-RAY. Love both the Emira and the C8 but they’re different cars and my garage can hold 2 supercars. The race is on to see which arrives first!
That's awesome! What have you heard about the E-RAY so far that's made you put down a deposit so early?

In addition to the Emira, I also have a deposit down for a C8 Z06, which I think is going to be such a special car, and really the last of its kind ever. I'm also intrigued by the E-RAY, and also Lotus' upcoming Type 135, but I know next to nothing about either of them...

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That's awesome! What have you heard about the E-RAY so far that's made you put down a deposit so early?

In addition to the Emira, I also have a deposit down for a C8 Z06, which I think is going to be such a special car, and really the last of its kind ever. I'm also intrigued by the E-RAY, and also Lotus' upcoming Type 135, but I know next to nothing about either of them...
I also had a deposit on the Z06 but changed to the E-RAY because I’m really not likely to track my cars and so the Z06 would be overkill for me.

The E-RAY is expected to have the same wide body that the Z06 has so it’ll look super aggressive too. It’ll have 2 electric motors up front where the frunk is adding about 200 BHP to the standard C8 Stingray’s 495 BHP. It’s basically slotted between the Stingray and the Z06 but should be slightly less costly with more torque off the line. Great launch control potential. My dealer (Finch in London, Ont) says he expects it to be revealed by this spring. Ya, he didn’t say “soon”, he said spring.

And finally for the type 135. I have my name on an unofficial list for it with Gentry in Toronto. Since the 135 hasn’t been officially announced by Lotus there are no actual deposits yet. Once it’s announced or actually just before, deposits will open up and I’ll get an early spot in the queue. Not much known about the 135 other than it’s expected to be a full EV that’s basically the same size and stance as the Emira. Basically a reasonably priced Evija.

Lots to look forward to for all of us!

Last edited:
OP
RENDERMAN

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The
sad part is the dealerships are encouraging this and Chevrolet is not doing anything about it but is willing to punish me if I do it! Because is wrong an immoral…
Before COVID, I purchased an FX35 for my wife from a Ford dealership and they were selling a GT500 with a sticker of $72900, yet they were asking $105K so I told the sales guy I would buy the car for sticker, he said there were only 5 left in the US, three months later they sold the car…

Last edited:

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The

sad part is the dealerships are encouraging this and Chevrolet is not doing anything about it but is willing to punish me if I do it! Because is wrong an immoral…
Before COVID, I purchased an FX35 for my wife from a Ford dealership and they were selling a GT500 with a sticker of $72900, yet they were asking $105K so I told the sales guy I would buy the car for sticker, he said there were only 5 left in the US, three months later they sold the car…
Right. Chevrolet said a year ago they were going to crack down on this way over MSRP pricing and penalize dealerships by reducing their allocations. Chevy also said that an owner of a new car must keep it for 12 months before selling it and if they didn’t wait Chevrolet wouldn’t transfer the warranty or may even void the warranty. But within a couple of months Chevrolet backed down on that by shorting that period to 6 months. I see no concrete action from Chevrolet to curtail this unscrupulous practice.