• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Targa Top

Nymare

Reaction score
Heya all.

Like many, satisfying my Emira itch being here while I wait for the car to be delivered.

If already posted, sorry 😲

Obviously, I love the design of the car.…..I ordered one ✌️
So many things to like on the design of the car.

But to stay on topic…..

The one thing that I wish was included in the design, is a……TARGA TOP (option/standard).

I know there is more rain in England than the states but, I am going to miss having the top down. It is nice having this option with my C7 Corvette and 2005 NSX.

Thoughts 🫡

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed! Targa top would be awesome, but not gonna happen.

Here's a speedster render from a couple years ago...

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Maybe we could all ask and the amount of requests for a targa / convertible would inspirer LOTUS to Pursue the idea.
Wishful thinking 🤔😃
I remember hearing them say that the structurally strength of the chassis would be too compromised for a open top design. The car would have to be reinforced heavily and be a lot heavier.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I remember hearing them say that the structurally strength of the chassis would be too compromised for a open top design. The car would have to be reinforced heavily and be a lot heavier.
Glass roof panel would work for me.
However I remember hearing that the Evora was planned as a convertible but they never made it due to low volume of sales. Still a little sky would be nice !