Super Confused about the point of ordering?

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is there a point to choosing a build if there are only 700 FE cars to ever exist? That's like a really really small number. Within 50 miles of dealerships here in New York, there are 190 orders for an FE. I am certain that within 500 miles there are probably ALL of the 700 FE orders requested. It could be that 1 in 50 orders are delivered as FE.
Are even the colors going to be the same? Prices?

Salesperson noted that FE would be cheaper than Standard Edition as there are more bundled items in FE for one price. I think the FE edition is perfect and exactly what I would want, super stereo and all. That's even worse news if it is so.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Is there a point to choosing a build if there are only 700 FE cars to ever exist? That's like a really really small number. Within 50 miles of dealerships here in New York, there are 190 orders for an FE. I am certain that within 500 miles there are probably ALL of the 700 FE orders requested. It could be that 1 in 50 orders are delivered as FE.

Salesperson noted that FE would be cheaper than Standard Edition as there are more bundled items in FE for one price. I think the FE edition is perfect and exactly what I would want, super stereo and all. That's even worse news if it is so.
Who told you only 700 FE ?

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
From my understanding, Lotus is building 4000-5000? Emira's per year?

Someone chime in to keep me honest here.

Weirdly, I don't want an FE, but want a non-FE.

I have a strong feeling the non-FE is going to have more options to choose from than the FE.

Reactions: DJS

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm not 100% sure on the number of 700 FEs, I'm pretty sure I've seen @TomE mentioning any order put in up until March this year will have the opportunity to get an FE.

GatorMotorsport

Reaction score

Hey there, Indy Lotus here!👋

The Emira will continue production for 6 years! Production will increase after the initial production year (we were told somewhere around 1,300 cars for a normal production year for North America). There will be a total of 700 First Edition Supercharged V6 cars coming over to North America! After that, base model V6 cars will be available to order. There will be a wave of First Edition Turbocharged I4 cars next year as well, we just do not have a production number for those yet.

After the First Edition cars, there will be a total of 13 colors, including the 6 FE colors as well as a black and white! The others are unknown as of right now.

The salesperson you spoke to is correct, the First Edition car is almost a "packaged deal." Whereas if you were to build this same car on a base model, it will be more expensive. Unfortunately, we do not know base model or package pricing yet.

**Edit to add: this number could change. This is the last update we received from Lotus **

Who told you only 700 FE ?

Lotus has informed us only 700 First Edition Supercharged V6 cars are coming to North America as of right now! Production for North America begins in September with orders beginning in March!

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus has informed us only 700 First Edition Supercharged V6 cars are coming to North America as of right now! Production for North America begins in September with orders beginning in March!

So for the US, are you saying that the first batch of pre-order-ers will be able to finalize their orders in March 2022, and production on those cars will start in September?

GatorMotorsport

Reaction score
So for the US, are you saying that the first batch of pre-order-ers will be able to finalize their orders in March 2022, and production on those cars will start in September?
North America dealers should know their allocation numbers by the end of this month. We will know how many allocations we are getting a month from March-December. So depending on when you placed your deposit or where you are on your dealer's deposit list determines when you get to finalize your order. March orders go into production in September, April in October...etc.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
North America dealers should know their allocation numbers by the end of this month. We will know how many allocations we are getting a month from March-December. So depending on when you placed your deposit or where you are on your dealer's deposit list determines when you get to finalize your order. March orders go into production in September, April in October...etc.
Wow, thanks for the insight! Do you have an idea of when most people placed their deposits at your dealership? I have no idea where I'm at in line at my dealer, but I got in line in early August last year.

GatorMotorsport

Reaction score
I meant, like, did most people place deposits in July? in August? Later? Again, thanks for the insight
We have quite a few deposits from prior to the launch! We do not know allocation numbers yet, so I'm not sure where at on the list the "cut off" will be for FE V6 cars to provide the best answer for you! Almost half of our deposits came through in the first month of the launch.

OP
~el~jefe~

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
We have quite a few deposits from prior to the launch! We do not know allocation numbers yet, so I'm not sure where at on the list the "cut off" will be for FE V6 cars to provide the best answer for you! Almost half of our deposits came through in the first month of the launch.
Thank you very much for replying and informing.

So, if i "build" a car on the configurator, there really is no point right? I mean, i cannot get an FE as I just put a deposit down yesterday. What am I actually ordering? I would love to choose my options and car, but that will never exist as selected, right?

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In the uk.... hes in the usa... i think
Yeah I know they're in the US, and I thought it extended to worldwide that any order received before March would be for an FE. But @GatorMotorsport has confirmed the 700 FEs for the US, and also a March order time, so I've probably just misunderstood!

OP
~el~jefe~

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah I know they're in the US, and I thought it extended to worldwide that any order received before March would be for an FE. But @GatorMotorsport has confirmed the 700 FEs for the US, and also a March order time, so I've probably just misunderstood!
most of this forum is excited to use the new configurator and will not at all get anything or at any price range that they are choosing it seems :(

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
most of this forum is excited to use the new configurator and will not at all get anything or at any price range that they are choosing it seems :(
My $0.02:

1. The configurator for me is less about pricing and more about having something while we wait to see a car.

2. The US Allocation methodology is flawed. Majorly flawed. IF what we are hearing is true that it’s not one big line but several lines…

3. I’m still excited. It is what it is. Nothing is permanent and I can back out at any point at this time. I’m in for an interest free loan of $2,500…

Maybe just $0.01. ;)

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I pretty much was told the same thing 700 fe to the u.s.a . dealer allocation will give you more chances of getting one . the smaller dealers no matter how many orders will get a small amount of fe cars . The mail i got from lotus says winter to config my car probably seeing it 3 to 4 months after config. The thing that bothers me is show us the option list and pricing so we can get our minds around what we want on our cars and how much it's gonna really cost us .

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What are the differences of FE V6 vs base V6? I know it’s shown here somewhere but curious what options are included. All I really care about are Apple CarPlay and a nice sound system.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What are the differences of FE V6 vs base V6? I know it’s shown here somewhere but curious what options are included. All I really care about are Apple CarPlay and a nice sound system.
It’s on the Emira section of the Lotus website. There’s a Base Edition spec and then First Edition spec lists everything extra on top. You can assume all the FE items will be available as options on the Base. Some are bundled into packs. Base will also have a base spec wheel and extra colours.