• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Steering Wheel Options £400

Rya

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've just joined the forum see there is lots of conversation. I have just been onto configure my setup. It looks like they are starting to charge £400 for steering wheel options. They are charging for black leather with nappa inserts and black alcantara with inserts. That was never there before ???

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am only seeing same as I did before - either leather or alcantara, leather is included in price, alcantara is £400

1633525286265.png

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am only seeing same as I did before - either leather or alcantara, leather is included in price, alcantara is £400

View attachment 647
If you change your transmission option to auto then swap back to interior, the full eight steering wheel options appear.

Manual deposit holders are only allowed two choices. Which is utterly ridiculous IMO.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Manual deposit holders are only allowed two choices. Which is utterly ridiculous IMO.
Yes I know, seen it on here and discussed with Lotus - they explained the reasons behind it. I agree it is a shame

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting.. what were the reasons?
It’s especially odd given that the brochure and interior images show first edition car with a manual that has alcantara with yellow stitch on the seats and wheel.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting.. what were the reasons?
It was to do with supply, they don't make them themselves and didn't know in advance numbers that would be required for manual V6
so had to order in advance without knowing colour choices etc

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
It was to do with supply, they don't make them themselves and didn't know in advance numbers that would be required for manual V6
so had to order in advance without knowing colour choices etc

They should have ordered a variety of colors then and not published official promo shots of a manual trans with the yellow tdc and stitched wheel. They could also source another supplier...

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They should have ordered a variety of colors then and not published official promo shots of a manual trans with the yellow tdc and stitched wheel. They could also source another supplier...
True, but none of those ways help with keeping costs down, and that I think is a key part in play here, especially with all the current supply chain issues

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
True, but none of those ways help with keeping costs down, and that I think is a key part in play here, especially with all the current supply chain issues

Honestly.. using the same ~20 year old Toyota engine with a cheap blower bolted on should be enough cost cutting for Lotus. And then they have the audacity to market it with 400HP instead of the Evora GT's 416? And then offer just 6 underwhelming paint options on FEs... Lynk & Co parts bin infotainment and digital dash cluster.. Volvo steering controls.. and now plain black steering wheel and shift boots. Just kinda seems like a slap in the face with that $95k US price tag.

I realize I'm being rather negative, but the more I learn, the less enthused I am about being on the list for a FE. I might have to sit back and watch how it plays out next year and if everything goes well, I can actually order one in a color I want with interior features I like.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The issue with the steering wheel supplier and their ability to produce enough quantities of the stitched options is being reviewed with the supplier by Lotus, based on all the feedback. This is one of the challenges of a low volume car with multiple options and Lotus trying to guess the likely demand. It's possible to do it after delivery for about £170, via your dealer and so no issue on warranty

You'll notice Lotus have also removed some wheel options between reveal and FE, for the same supply/volume reasons.