Steering wheel option update

falconexe

Reaction score
So, I contacted Lotus directly regarding the steering wheel trim on the V6 manual and got the following response:

Still not 100% clear. I guess we'll wait for official ordering to see what options we have then.

Thanks for doing the legwork on that! Sounds promising!!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Contrast stitching is available, centre marker isn't. I know, it makes no sense to me either!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not sure about configurator but it’s clearly listed in the FE cost options info
8465858C-1905-4EF4-93CE-BF2CF8C58907.jpeg

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes I saw that but several comments on here that with V6 manual you can only have plain black leather or alcantra - hence confusion

falconexe

Reaction score
Yes I saw that but several comments on here that with V6 manual you can only have plain black leather or alcantra - hence confusion

Yep it is confusing and disappointing to say the least. My dealer sent me the following noted in RED.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 17.55.16.png

You can find the full list of options below:

falconexe

Reaction score
OK, I’ll raise it at the dealer roadshows next week

Sweet. Thank You!

Can you also ask if the exposed manual gear linkage will be available post FE? I read somewhere that this was a FE exclusive. If so, I’m going to rip whatever trim they encase it with out ha ha. I’m sure a 3rd party aftermarket company will also develop a conversion kit if it does not stick.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW, here's a pic of the manual transmission steering wheel all decked out... so we all know it's possible. 🙃

INT_Corner_Left_Blue-scaled.jpg

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Within the first 7 seconds on this one.

Wow, that's a terrible commercial. I haven't had network TV or had to watch commercials in over a decade. Certainly don't miss that.

Anyway, are you referring to the red TDC marker? 😂 To be fair, I'm sure it's an automatic.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sounds like we'll be able to spec full leather wheels with colored 12 o'clock indicator stripes! Personally, I'm really happy to hear this as Alcantara doesn't typically hold up too well overtime.

*9/21/21 update: Sadly, it now appears only V6 automatics will have the option to choose color stitching and center marker for their steering wheel. An internal memo has gone out stating V6 manuals will only have the option for all black leather or all black Alcantara wheels.
My July build has Alcantara red stitch interior with leather wheel, red stitch and marker.

Last edited:
OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
My July build has Alcantara red stitch interior with leather wheel, red stitch and marker.

And it's an automatic, correct? The limitations are on manual transmission steering wheels for whatever reason.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The website now doesn't seem to stipulate that stitching and TDC are only for automatic... although clearly the latest edit has something missing after 'and' for the Leather steering wheel - but gives us hope perhaps

1663882794738.png

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The website now doesn't seem to stipulate that stitching and TDC are only for automatic... although clearly the latest edit has something missing after 'and' for the Leather steering wheel - but gives us hope perhaps

View attachment 9053

... and NOS button. Just like Fast and Furious.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 9053
But if you go into the configurator you only get the TDC option if you select V6 Auto or i4 DCT, as before.