❔ QUESTION Soft Rev Limiter???

BSC

Reaction score
Hi everybody.
I love the looks and sound of my cars. It was very exciting to see all the reviews recently especially with Matt Watson who I believe was the only one who did an exhaust sound check.

The soft rev limiter is lifted unless the clutch is engaged but I was wondering about the V6 automatic and the i4 whether there is a soft rev limiter and if there is, how to disengage it to get that fruity exhaust sound 😳 ?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everybody.
I love the looks and sound of my cars. It was very exciting to see all the reviews recently especially with Matt Watson who I believe was the only one who did an exhaust sound check.

The soft rev limiter is lifted unless the clutch is engaged but I was wondering about the V6 automatic and the i4 whether there is a soft rev limiter and if there is, how to disengage it to get that fruity exhaust sound 😳 ?

We don't know yet, but I assume automatic owners will be able to switch to sport mode (since it'll likely default to tour when starting up) and put the car in neutral to rev it up. It may still be limited to 3-4k though.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I don’t get the desire to rev up the car? My boy racer days are totally over for me…. And I agree, i4 likely to have soft limiter sadly….. A45s has it…

Ingzi

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

Hey,

I’ve actually been for a factory tour today which I HIGHLY recommend. At the end there was a guy sat in an I4 and as I’ve ordered an I4 I asked if he could rev it up for me.

Yes, it has a soft limiter, however don’t be fooled thinking it sounds something like an Audi with a soft limiter. It still sounded brilliant, a very deep growl with a couple of tiny pops occasionally.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey,

I’ve actually been for a factory tour today which I HIGHLY recommend. At the end there was a guy sat in an I4 and as I’ve ordered an I4 I asked if he could rev it up for me.

Yes, it has a soft limiter, however don’t be fooled thinking it sounds something like an Audi with a soft limiter. It still sounded brilliant, a very deep growl with a couple of tiny pops occasionally.
Hm.. Good to know, but I actually think some Audis sound great when revved up a bit - Especially the RS3 with that 5 cylinder!

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Soft limiters seems to be more of a Euro thing...haven't run into it hear in the States, but it's probably coming as Gov't and Corporations feel the need to dictate our lives.