So I guess everyone should've placed their deposits at Lotus Antwerp; dealership just received their SECOND Emira delivery!

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Kentviking I agree that I mixed it up. I am an engineer, not a fashion designer, but I think I would have chosen to match the caliper yellow to the body yellow because they are the larger pieces that you see all at once. I agree the wheel center cap is also in the same view but it is smaller and less obvious. As stated above, I will sort it out once I get my car. Even the two different yellows don't work for me. Maybe I am a little too picky.

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Kentviking I agree that I mixed it up. I am an engineer, not a fashion designer, but I think I would have chosen to match the caliper yellow to the body yellow because they are the larger pieces that you see all at once. I agree the wheel center cap is also in the same view but it is smaller and less obvious. As stated above, I will sort it out once I get my car. Even the two different yellows don't work for me. Maybe I am a little too picky.
I hear you on the yellows. And I think we all have every right to be picky on such a purchase as this. Shame there aren't more options really (like black & white centre wheel logos for example).

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I hear you on the yellows. And I think we all have every right to be picky on such a purchase as this. Shame there aren't more options really (like black & white centre wheel logos for example).
It is actually very easy to change out the center cap logos. It is just a heavily clear laminated decal. These are what I will be changing all of my emblems to.

1663096459512.png

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m OK with Lotus limiting the options on FEs if it gets cars built quicker.

Nose badges and wheel centres are an easy change. Callipers and rear LOTUS lettering can be painted.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Anyone noticed how dog shit the paint protection film is on these compared to when porsche deliver a car to a dealer 😄

• Haha
Reactions: DJS

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
And here we are in North America knowing our Emiras aren't even scheduled for production until Jan. 2023. Who knows what kind of delays will happen between now and next spring. :(
Is it bad that I'm kind of meh about it all at this point?

This entire experience so far is pretty horrible. And I'm a pretty patient person.

KusaKusa

Reaction score
Is it just me or does DV look more V and less D than in previous photos and videos...has Lotus actually listened to all the moaning and groaning and adjusted the colours or does Belgium have better light conditions than we do?
It still looks really dark. I know it seems like there's a lot of color variation amongst all the different pictures, but all of them are accurate. The car and color will look like every picture at some point based on the brightness, sunlight angle, and cleanliness. I had a similar situation where I waited for a dark blue car for a year and collected like 100 pictures of it to try to gauge the actual color. But yeah that was the conclusion I eventually came to.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

This entire experience so far is pretty horrible. And I'm a pretty patient person.
Step away from the forums. Check in once every two-three weeks. It will help a lot.

The forums are good fun and occasionally good info but it's like checking the clock every 5min...

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

My opinion is that we should all be thinking about how we want to finish with ICE. If there wasn't a threat of EVs perhaps you feeling like this would be ok. But since ICE is being phased out, IMO, you have to start planning for what cars you want/can afford/new vs. used. And I know you know this, I am just trying to agonize with other forum members.

The Emira is well worth the wait especially if you have the budget or an existing car(s) to play now. Even if it comes three years from now, if they follow through and phase them out you will be happy you waited because we simply won't be able to get new ICE anymore. However, if you like the used market, then you have more options, but this is a solid car to wait for and own it new because of all the changes coming.

This is why the V6 choice is so strong. Not saying the I4 isn't, but if you are like me and need to watch your budget, having the V6 Toyota engine in a car I plan to keep forever is priceless. I don't want to experiment at the end, I want reliable torque.

GTEvora

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Middle East deliveries?
Apparently a first build batch in September with a second in October. However, I have not heard anything since my letter from Lotus telling me I am in the October batch.
No updates on a demo car either - I think they ordered Auto only for the UAE which didn't work out too well so were trying to get a manual demo car.

I don't expect mine to arrive much before December.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Anyone noticed how dog shit the paint protection film is on these compared to when porsche deliver a car to a dealer 😄
Yeah it looks like masking tape around all the uneven body panels. Lol.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Apparently a first build batch in September with a second in October. However, I have not heard anything since my letter from Lotus telling me I am in the October batch.
No updates on a demo car either - I think they ordered Auto only for the UAE which didn't work out too well so were trying to get a manual demo car.

yeh that was probably before the 2-3 month delay everyone else bar EU has experienced......
EU deliveries in the end are probably no more than 1 month delayed it seems, but they are still going too slow to make any real assumptions even on that.

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not sure if everyone's seen this already, but another FOUR Emira deliveries at Lotus Antwerp today!! Of special note, world's first photos (that I'm aware of) of Magma Red with yellow calipers! Some people were talking about this in another thread recently.

Screenshot_20220915-122206_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220915-122226_Instagram.jpg

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not sure if everyone's seen this already, but another FOUR Emira deliveries at Lotus Antwerp today!! Of special note, world's first photos (that I'm aware of) of Magma Red with yellow calipers! Some people were talking about this in another thread recently.

View attachment 8875
View attachment 8876

I spotted that in the video earlier and I'm really pleased with how it looks! With the change from the darker yellow to the brighter one I was a bit worried it would clash too much, but at least in the video it still looks good. Getting more excited again!

magmared

Reaction score

Mine was supposed to be August, got an email, haven’t heard anything after that tbh.

Was really looking forward to driving the demo car , wasn’t it supposed to be in Dubai around end of August?