Shadow Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
The official Shadow Grey Lotus Emira car thread.

shadow-grey-emira1.png

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I typically only buy black cars, but since this is the darkest color offered on the Emira, I'm thinking this might be the go-to color for those of us who prefer dark colors.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
In my opinion, the grey looked very lackluster at Goodwood. Makes the car look taller and shorter than the blue reveal car. The contrasting side skirts really make a difference.
I agree and I think you're spot on with the contrasting side skirts.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
In my opinion, the grey looked very lackluster at Goodwood. Makes the car look taller and shorter than the blue reveal car. The contrasting side skirts really make a difference.
Agreed completely. It’s such a stark difference that I wouldn’t consider buying the Emira if it’s always looked the way it does in grey. The blue on the other hand? Hot damn.

That said, the above pictured shadow grey looks like a flat grey to me—that’s not the same one that was at Goodwood, is It?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Credit to Mickle on The Lotus Forums, these are based off my photos of the physical colour samples at the dealer roadshow

2E8B5C67-534A-4BC7-8816-B318900E43C9.jpeg

1B675F15-D61A-48F2-B2E7-6ED1BF55ED0D.jpeg

D52ED5C0-5E62-4DD9-BDC8-55CF1D930B5B.jpeg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I'm curious as to who ended up choosing Shadow Grey and what is your reasoning?

Even though it appears to be the least loved colour based on all the comments and polls I've seen to date, I suspect it may age quite well. Dpending upon wheel and interior choice it may actually end up looking quite nice for those who like dark cars.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I'm curious as to who ended up choosing Shadow Grey and what is your reasoning?

Even though it appears to be the least loved colour based on all the comments and polls I've seen to date, I suspect it may age quite well. Dpending upon wheel and interior choice it may actually end up looking quite nice for those who like dark cars.
My wife loves this colour, thankfully she hasn’t persuaded me yet to change from Nimbus to it. However, it is growing on me as I like dark cars and love the Grigio grey on Ferraris.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I don’t see anything wrong with this color at all. The pictures of the roadshow car actually look quite nice and take on different characteristics in different light. I think the metallic gives it some excitement and pizazz. Plus, it seems every manufacturer has a dark gray metallic paint. Indeed, I recently learned that 50% of cars sold in the UK are either white, gray or black. For cars with high production numbers, these colors are associated with more rapid depreciation than any car of any color. For lower volume cars like Emira this may not be true. If one is a fan of gray scale cars, go for it I say. It will be beautiful I’m sure.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was considering shadow with silver wheels, red calipers and either red or ice grey leather interior. But the diamond cuts aren’t bad as well.

Alcantara interior might be a bit too much black?

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Was considering shadow with silver wheels, red calipers and either red or ice grey leather interior. But the diamond cuts aren’t bad as well.

Alcantara interior might be a bit too much black?
I have a Bertone X1/9 that is two tone silver and dark gray metallic with a red interior and I love the look. I think shadow gray with red will look awesome! A classic combination and a sporty vibe. The ice gray combo would be equally awesome, but with a more austere sophisticated vibe. You can’t go wrong. I would pair with silver wheels, but just my bias.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Shadow Gray with Ice interior and silver calipers is a very nice look. Sophisticated and elegant.

View attachment 2141
View attachment 2142
View attachment 2143
This is definitely the unsung colour and with the black pack on top I think this speck would look amazing.
You would want to keep Lotus logo and tailpipes silver on this so might be a good option for someone specking a base car.

An early Happy New Year To Everyone, let's keep up the communication and info into 2022 as this forum has been really helpful.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes the good wood and shmee driving the car is really putting me off the shadow grey, certainly lack lustre is how I would also sum it up and the photo of jenson in the car the shape didn’t look great at all it looked very short from the side photo.