• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Service Manual

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was hoping to go with oil/water resistant paper for a proper shop manual but Fedex (Kinkos) and Office Depot want 1k for that.

JonFuller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
FYI, It's not a great doc.

Misses lots of detail.

A cynic would say that the people responsible for creating it, have never worked on an Emira.

Just MHO.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
FYI, It's not a great doc.

Misses lots of detail.

A cynic would say that the people responsible for creating it, have never worked on an Emira.

Just MHO.

LOL so goes most of the manuals for most manufacturers honestly. They usually leave a lot to be desired and miss a lot of details to the skill level of the mechanic. I thought the Lotus documentation is about on par with BMW TIS.

JonFuller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
LOL so goes most of the manuals for most manufacturers honestly. They usually leave a lot to be desired and miss a lot of details to the skill level of the mechanic. I thought the Lotus documentation is about on par with BMW TIS.
I don't think it's always about skill level.
On so many modern builds, knowing the location of, and required 'action' to release all these nasty hidden plastic clips etc, which way to push, or squeeze. So much hidden stuff that only product knowledge (or a decent manual) can lead you to.
I wonder just how many hidden plastic automotive 'clips' get broken, globally, by people attempting to dismantle modern cars per year??

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't think it's always about skill level.
On so many modern builds, knowing the location of, and required 'action' to release all these nasty hidden plastic clips etc, which way to push, or squeeze. So much hidden stuff that only product knowledge (or a decent manual) can lead you to.
I wonder just how many hidden plastic automotive 'clips' get broken, globally, by people attempting to dismantle modern cars per year??

LOL, they're not really meant to be taken apart and put back together.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's an old version - dated August 2022 on the last page....

The current issue (dated May 2023) is available here :