Safety recall! Belts might rip

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi,

currently there’s a safety recall active for the Emira. Apparently belt’s were installed incorrectly resulting in rubbing against -something-, damaging them over time. Worst case it rips when you need it the most.
Allegedly deliverys are suspended (in Germany) currently.

Lotus is currently sending out replacements to the dealers who originally closed the sale and owners should be informed accordingly.

I’m not sure if that’s public information already, but I wasn’t told it’s private either and I think drivers are the first ones who should know.

This makes it two safety relevant recalls for the Emira.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Do you have a bulletin or anything you can share, or a source where we can look at the open recalls?

OP
Kimmax

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you have a bulletin or anything you can share, or a source where we can look at the open recalls?
Sadly I don’t have a concrete public source, information provided by a big Lotus dealer in Germany

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Official recalls and service bulletins should be published here:

Nothing so far on Emira seatbelts but it can take a while to feed though.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
When my car was having the steering pump changed, the service centre mentioned there was a seat belt recall affecting certain Vin numbers, they may be handling it at annual service time. My car wasn’t affected but initially it was showing up as needing it, but a follow up call to Hethel showed it didn’t.

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can confirm hearing about the seat belt recall. Seems to be in the making as my dealer mentioned it as well.