• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Refundable deposit info

Jl51

Reaction score
Does anyone know at what point the £2K plus £3K deposit becomes "non refundable" ??

Im very concerned about about the driver/seat design and position as it just doesn't work for me. If i'm asked to fully commit my £5K before a production seat is available to try , i may pull out.

has anyone had that conversation with Lotus ?

Emira Bah

Reaction score
each territory has their own policy, but generally speaking i think deposits become none refundable once you configurate the car and spec it out, again best to check with your dealership, this is per our dealership here.

P.S i sat in the demo unit yesterday, and driver seat was extremely comfortable ( car was a demo only and per agent it is yet to become more refined and better in final production) , and i have a major back issues.

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
I spoke to the Lotus team about it yesterday when they called me to move to the next step and for the deposit. They assured me that it would be fully refundable until about end-Mar 2022, and that I would have the opportunity to drive the car before that. And also, expected press reviews in Feb/ Mar; so would have that input too. So, I am now relaxed about committing £5k.

Emira Bah

Reaction score
I spoke to the Lotus team about it yesterday when they called me to move to the next step and for the deposit. They assured me that it would be fully refundable until about end-Mar 2022, and that I would have the opportunity to drive the car before that. And also, expected press reviews in Feb/ Mar; so would have that input too. So, I am now relaxed about committing £5k.
same here, so right about when you spec the car out, test drive units will arrive in about 3 weeks time, but think the test drive unites that will arrive in march will be final production.

sslater006

Reaction score
I hope you don't mind me asking, but when did you place your first £2k deposit?