Rear seats possibility

Rufy

Reaction score
Weird question: I think there is the space, I'm thinking at the Evora 2+2.

But what if I'm thinking to mount a child seat (6 years) behind the front seats in the Emira?
Anyone think this may be possible?

Thanks

There's not enough space and there are no suitable anchor points. Compared to the Evora the bulkhead has moved forward to create more engine bay space. With the seat fully forward you'll get just over 40cm of space and for me at 5'9" it's about 30cm.

interior dimensions.png

rear space.jpeg

I can recommend a 2+2 Evora though, provided you aren't too tall.

But what if I'm thinking to mount a child seat (6 years) behind the front seats in the Emira?

Thanks

Go ahead and get the Emira! At 6 years old they will soon be without a child seat right? Assuming 1/2 to 2 years before we get our cars?

You can use a child seat in the front passenger seat location. There is even an anchor in the rear side structure for the top tether anchor, so it's an intended pattern of use.

I hope not.

Back seats in this type of car is pointless.

My M2 Competition has backseats, and they're near as makes no difference useless, (but I can't be bothered to remove them), and just adding unnecessary weight to my car.

On top of the Emira, I'm also looking for a spacious daily SUV for everyday use; in this case, backseats and cargo room DO matter.

I hope not.

Back seats in this type of car is pointless.

My M2 Competition has backseats, and they're near as makes no difference useless, (but I can't be bothered to remove them), and just adding unnecessary weight to my car.

On top of the Emira, I'm also looking for a spacious daily SUV for everyday use; in this case, backseats and cargo room DO matter.
I have fit 4 adutls in my M2CS easily and comfortably. My son also fits in with his car seat easily as well. Not at all useless. This functionality is part of the reason I got the M2CS over a Cayman GT4.

That said, agree, that the velcro'ed seats on Evora are largely useless but do in fact fit small car seats. My driving buddy has proven that to me.

I think only if there is a passenger airbag defeat switch.
I mean, the anchor itself has the regulatory markings for a child seat. That's the LATCH system symbol. US equivalent to ISOFIX.

1649768251562.png

I can't imagine a scenario where they would go to the engineering expense to provide for child seat anchoring and also design the airbag system without appropriate accommodations.

I have fit 4 adutls in my M2CS easily and comfortably. My son also fits in with his car seat easily as well. Not at all useless. This functionality is part of the reason I got the M2CS over a Cayman GT4.

That said, agree, that the velcro'ed seats on Evora are largely useless but do in fact fit small car seats. My driving buddy has proven that to me.
Am I missing something? I'm 5'7", 143lbs and it's cramped AF back there. It's difficult to climb, difficult to get situated, and once you get in, you can barely even move.

I'm struggling to believe how anyone can call the backseats of an M2 Competition or M2 CS "comfortable". Seriously.

Am I missing something? I'm 5'7", 143lbs and it's cramped AF back there. It's difficult to climb, difficult to get situated, and once you get in, you can barely even move.

I'm struggling to believe how anyone can call the backseats of an M2 Competition or M2 CS "comfortable". Seriously.
I had an M240i and the back seats were fine. Yes it was a little tricky to get into compared with the M4 Comp after it, but no one ever complained once they were seated.

Thanks
Although there seem to be Isofix anchors, the engine firewall in the emira has been moved forward (~20cm) towards the driver to make way for the i4 engine and have a bit more service room for the V6.

So I don't really see any opportunity to fit a baby seat there as there might be ~50cm of room behind the seats which won't nearly be enough.

The maximum space in the rear with the seats fully forward is only 42cm. The curve of the back of the seat might give you a little more space lower down, but I don't think it's feasible.

You've got no rear seat belts and only a LATCH anchor, which is designed for the tether for a baby seat in the front. There are some tie-down points but they're not ISOFIX, so there's no certified way to fit a rear baby seat.

The Evora 2+2 is a great car if you have young children and mine have ridden in the back from tiny up to age 16. Helps that my wife and I are 5'9" and so have the front seats a long way forward.

Maybe the CS seats in front give more rear space with the cutouts? I am not a super flexible guy and I seriously have no problems with ingress, egress, legroom or comfort in my CS. I am 5'10. Are you inflexible, older or have overly long legs proportionally? Are you overweight? Very confused in the same way you are it seems.

Back