• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Racing Simulators Anyone?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
IMG_2924.jpeg

Is anyone here into sim racing? I just took the plunge and ordered a complete sim racing rig from Advanced Sim Racing. Maybe Assetto Corsa will release the Emira on their platform soon and we can set up an EmiraForum.com racing league? In the meantime, we can race the following Lotus cars.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 7.17.49 PM.png

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s awesome. Been thinking about one of these for a long time but with the emira coming I couldn’t justify the cost. I wanted full articulation which obviously bumps the price up 😅

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
That’s awesome. Been thinking about one of these for a long time but with the emira coming I couldn’t justify the cost. I wanted full articulation which obviously bumps the price up 😅
I hear that! I figured I would do it in stages so I would leave the haptics and motion for last. I splurged on the wheelbase and pedals to start with. A good four-point motion system runs about $7,500.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I use iRacing mainly. I think I have AC and ACC knocking about somewhere, though. I'm in the UK, but I can try and pop on if you guys create a league or something. I'm... well, slow, but I'm a clean racer.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I use iRacing mainly. I think I have AC and ACC knocking about somewhere, though. I'm in the UK, but I can try and pop on if you guys create a league or something. I'm... well, slow, but I'm a clean racer.
Awesome, I will definitely keep you posted once I'm set up and racing. iRacing and Assetto Corsa will probably be the sims I start with. I might even mix in Gran Turismo 7 if I can run it through a PC and not have to get a PlayStation.

TheMotizzle

Reaction score
I ordered a Fanatec setup for my desk. Arrives late April. Should keep me busy while I wait a few years for my i4. Been playing AC with a controller while I wait for the wheel haha.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I ordered a Fanatec setup for my desk. Arrives late April. Should keep me busy while I wait a few years for my i4. Been playing AC with a controller while I wait for the wheel haha.
That's a good way to get warmed up to the game and learn your way around some tracks. What wheel package did you end up getting?

TheMotizzle

Reaction score

It's been fun getting back into it. Back in the day I was way into Gran Turismo. My buddy has put together a full sim so we're planning on racing eachother remotely. I'm looking forward to refining my driving skill so I have a greater appreciation for the Emira when it comes.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Direct Drive wheelbases are the way to go and that steering wheel looks legit too! Figure out the remote racing and I will join in when I get my sig rig put together.

TheMotizzle

Reaction score
Yeah I figure if I'm going to do it, I'm going to give me something that provides a legit experience. If I prove to myself I'm really into it then maybe I consider a full rig down the line.

I'll let you know how the multiplayer goes. Did we just form the first official Emira sim racing club?

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Yeah I figure if I'm going to do it, I'm going to give me something that provides a legit experience. If I prove to myself I'm really into it then maybe I consider a full rig down the line.

I'll let you know how the multiplayer goes. Did we just form the first official Emira sim racing club?
I think we did haha! 🏎️

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I hear that! I figured I would do it in stages so I would leave the haptics and motion for last. I splurged on the wheelbase and pedals to start with. A good four-point motion system runs about $7,500.

Save a tonn of cash and get/make an SFX100 with a Thanos controller. I have one and its great!

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Save a tonn of cash and get/make an SFX100 with a Thanos controller. I have one and its great!
I haven't heard of this, but I'm definitely going to look into it now.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I made a ton of progress on my simulator rig over the weekend and I finally got some seat time! I still have lots of little tweaks to make but it's coming along nicely. I have started out with Assetto Corsa and I have to say, after making my way through the Career Mode, I absolutely love the driving feel of the Lotus Exige 240R! I think it's going to be my go-to car when I jump into a quick race to have fun. 🏁

IMG_2467.jpeg

TheMotizzle

Reaction score
It's funny you say that, I recently got my Fanatec setup going and have been gaming Assetto Corsa as well. My buddy and I send car/track combos and try to beat eachother's time. We recently were racing the 240Rs. Loving the simulator and I can say the Lotuses are all excellent to drive.

Non Lotus cars that surprised me: KTM X Bow was a lot of fun, Mclaren MP4-12C was disappointingly heavy and was hard to stop. I'm only a part of the way through career mode, but it's interesting to feel all the cars unique profiles.

To anyone considering, the simulator is worth every penny!

I made a ton of progress on my simulator rig over the weekend and I finally got some seat time! I still have lots of little tweaks to make but it's coming along nicely. I have started out with Assetto Corsa and I have to say, after making my way through the Career Mode, I absolutely love the driving feel of the Lotus Exige 240R! I think it's going to be my go-to car when I jump into a quick race to have fun. 🏁

View attachment 25244

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
It's funny you say that, I recently got my Fanatec setup going and have been gaming Assetto Corsa as well. My buddy and I send car/track combos and try to beat eachother's time. We recently were racing the 240Rs. Loving the simulator and I can say the Lotuses are all excellent to drive.

Non Lotus cars that surprised me: KTM X Bow was a lot of fun, Mclaren MP4-12C was disappointingly heavy and was hard to stop. I'm only a part of the way through career mode, but it's interesting to feel all the cars unique profiles.

To anyone considering, the simulator is worth every penny!
The MP4-12C was SO disappointing! It is very fast in the straights, but the steering is numb and the understeer is painfully bad. I never got the hang of putting down fast lap times in it and couldn't wait to get through the series. The Lotus series was a blast though and I felt like all the Lotus cars fit my driving style nicely. It's silly, but this game is making the Emira even more attractive after spending virtual time with all the different cars. Oh, do a quick race and give the Ferrari 458 a go. I really like the way that car feels and sounds as well.