Pulled out, after getting conflicting delevery dates from Lotus CC

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So Guys i have to share with you all, I have pulled out, after getting conflicting delevery dates from Lotus CC, the last being August 2021 depositers getting cars earliest....2023.... me being October 2021 ? perhaps a year from now or even more... inflation.... loan cost going up..... Time to get off the buss

So today I brought a Bentley GT Supersport W 12.... 621 BHP, 0-62 MPH in less than 4 seconds....

Bentley GT Supersport

I wish you all the best, am sure the Emira is going to be wonderful, I might to to the meet at chatworths :)

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So Guys i have to share with you all, I have pulled out, after getting conflicting delevery dates from Lotus CC, the last being August 2021 depositers getting cars earliest....2023.... me being October 2021 ? perhaps a year from now or even more... inflation.... loan cost going up..... Time to get off the buss

So today I brought a Bentley GT Supersport W 12.... 621 BHP, 0-62 MPH in less than 4 seconds....

Bentley GT Supersport

I wish you all the best, am sure the Emira is going to be wonderful, I might to to the meet at chatworths :)

At least you can make some money back doing weddings

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Bentley GT Supersport

Did you leave your deposit in? You could drive the Bentley for 12 to 18 months before you get delivery of Emira?

I agree growing wait times are ridiculous…. as I have other cars I’m not too fussed, but if it’s your main drive it’s really hard to manage timings, particularly if current car is on a PCP

Last edited:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Bentley GT Supersport

Great car, great interior, great engine. Good choice. The Devonshires of Chatsworth will probably let you park in their private parking in that car 😜

OP
andrew6382

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You could head over to Ukraine though and make yourself useful towing some Russian tanks home with that torque though
That would be fun, I have not looked up what the torque is, when I test drove it, it was hard to get my head round the power, its a big car and being push back in the seat..... and just kept going

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Bentley GT Supersport

That's a hell of a lot of machine for $45k (I know it's pounds but I don't have that currency symbol). Congrats.

OP
andrew6382

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That's a hell of a lot of machine for $45k (I know it's pounds but I don't have that currency symbol). Congrats.
Thanks, yes.... A lot of car for the money.... for its age it still feels fresh.... the drive is epic.... :)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@andrew6382 sorry to see you go, but I understand. The Bentley isn't exactly a Lotus, but it does look like you won't be suffering any. Maybe if Lotus can get a third shift going, and can get the parts, they'll be able to produce enough to ease up the long delay in getting a car.

Once the Evija production run is over, maybe they can use that facility to add more Emira production. I have the feeling once the actual reviews come out, the demand is going to increase; especially for the i4.

Whoever thought Lotus would have the problem of producing more cars than ever before, and still not being able to make enough to meet demand!

OP
andrew6382

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@andrew6382 sorry to see you go, but I understand. The Bentley isn't exactly a Lotus, but it does look like you won't be suffering any. Maybe if Lotus can get a third shift going, and can get the parts, they'll be able to produce enough to ease up the long delay in getting a car.

Once the Evija production run is over, maybe they can use that facility to add more Emira production. I have the feeling once the actual reviews come out, the demand is going to increase; especially for the i4.

Whoever thought Lotus would have the problem of producing more cars than ever before, and still not being able to make enough to meet demand!
Yep.... seems there is a lot Lotus need to sort still,

I still think the Emira is going to be an epic car, its stunning to lokk at... sure its going to drive so very well.

Yes I wish I could of kept my money in..... But still feel with inflation etc, the cost of owning/buying one would be past me this time next year.... might be wrong.... rates may go downon on loans, inflation might drop back.

I dso look forward to see some of you soon, sharing pictures of you new cars :) drive outs etc....

Singularity

Reaction score
Sorry you had to pull out but that’s a cracking car you’ve got.

I always think the Bentley Continental is the paradigm of ‘classy sports’ and would seriously love to have one in the garage if I thought I fought afford to run it!

Enjoy, and who knows, maybe you can pick up a non-FE Emira, or even a trade in when the early adopters change up to a later life special model that will inevitably surface 😉!

OP
andrew6382

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sorry you had to pull out but that’s a cracking car you’ve got.

I always think the Bentley Continental is the paradigm of ‘classy sports’ and would seriously love to have one in the garage if I thought I fought afford to run it!

Enjoy, and who knows, maybe you can pick up a non-FE Emira, or even a trade in when the early adopters change up to a later life special model that will inevitably surface 😉!
Thanks... Yes I will be keeping an eye on the Emira second hand market

I did think the bentley would cost a lot to run, but with it being part of VAG, some parts cross over... yep oil change, you need 16 Litres... but reading and looking at many reviews on Youtube, it would seem they are not that bad. But have taken out 42 month warranty at £1,500.... thats £35 a month.... :) Yes the carbon brakes worry me, but looking at the receipts that come with the car, brake pads done 500 miles ago...

I will still hang out on the forum.....

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Bentley GT Supersport

Congrats what a great choice , this is what I would have if the emira doesn’t come through , what year did you go for ? Was it new or a few years old , how is the survive abs warranty pack and idea of cost ?
I really want the car you just bought 👌🏽 Class !

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Im sorta in the same boat as you. Victory Lotus added a $20,000 mark up ( Even though they swore they wouldnt) I walked and have a Boxster Spyder on order now. In hindsight I'm happy and really think the Emira would have been a mistake based on Lotus's history and my dealership experience from day 1. I put a deposit with another dealer but will likely cancel the order when they call me to build it. The car is no longer interesting to me with all the shortfalls and the fact Lotus has made a reputation for constantly dropping the ball. I'm grateful it was an easy decision to make.