Production schedule

KG21

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea that till when the Emira will be produced?

I heard the news that the upcoming G87 M2 will be made until 2029, then how about for the Emira?

Current product plan is to 2030, when sale of petrol cars stops in UK. But there are other factors.

It's likely the V6 will be phased out around 2025-26 when new EU emissions regulations come in to force and the V6 won't comply.

The Type 135 EV sportscar launches in 2025 and will be built at Hethel alongside the Emira. That's a joint venture with Alpine and it's possible Lotus may also build the Alpine variant alongside the Lotus one, which would require more of Hethel's capacity.

If the demand for EVs picks up strongly then Lotus will change the production split to build fewer Emiras and more EVs. We're already seeing some manufacturers declaring no more petrol versions available to order after a date much earlier than 2030. So I think the Emira could stop any time between 2025 and 2030.

Current product plan is to 2030, when sale of petrol cars stops in UK. But there are other factors.

It's likely the V6 will be phased out around 2025-26 when new EU emissions regulations come in to force and the V6 won't comply.

The Type 135 EV sportscar launches in 2025 and will be built at Hethel alongside the Emira. That's a joint venture with Alpine and it's possible Lotus may also build the Alpine variant alongside the Lotus one, which would require more of Hethel's capacity.

If the demand for EVs picks up strongly then Lotus will change the production split to build fewer Emiras and more EVs. We're already seeing some manufacturers declaring no more petrol versions available to order after a date much earlier than 2030. So I think the Emira could stop any time between 2025 and 2030.
Thanks, Tom.
I want to keep the last ICE Lotus, Emira for the rest of my life, so when the next version of S or GT comes out, it may be more valuable to me.
If the V6 is discontinued before then, I will get it soon!

I'm not sure it'll go to Evora GT430 levels but it'll certainly be well above an FE. I expect they'll be highly sought after.

I'm not sure it'll go to Evora GT430 levels but it'll certainly be well above an FE. I expect they'll be highly sought after.
I think so too.
I missed the FE and am waiting for the base edition, but I want to get S or GT even if it is expensive.

I know a few people who have put deposits down and told Lotus to roll them forward for the GT/S or final V6.

I know a few people who have put deposits down and told Lotus to roll them forward for the GT/S or final V6.
Maybe the FE appreciates enough and we can do a straight swop with the dealership.
I’m going to my dealership here and ask them if they would consider that. 😂

I'll have to ask if my local dealer can do the same.
In all honesty I think you lot are absolutely bonkers, buy the bloody car or don't, guess non of you have a delivery date or put down any form of deposit. Its Friday again and Im reviewing the same stuff and I have a few beers so apologies.

Suggestion - set ups a forum exclusively for people who are getting their cars in the next 3 months, so we can discuss proper stuff i.e. driving it. All you lot do is wait to see who gets a car and then expect us to spill our guts, photos so you can make a decision.

Anyway, my weekly rant over

Suggestion - set ups a forum exclusively for people who are getting their cars in the next 3 months, so we can discuss proper stuff i.e. driving it. All you lot do is wait to see who gets a car and then expect us to spill our guts, photos so you can make a decision.
You can start a thread or ask the admins to set up a new sub-forum.

And you can scroll past the stuff you don’t want to read.

In all honesty I think you lot are absolutely bonkers, buy the bloody car or don't, guess non of you have a delivery date or put down any form of deposit. Its Friday again and Im reviewing the same stuff and I have a few beers so apologies.

Where are we driving first ?
Scotland ? Lake district ? Coastal routes ?
Roll on September 🙌

It might be my last ICE car, so FE or next BE would fulfill the final chapter of my own collection. If the S/GT or Final Ed comes out, it would have a little more value to me, though.