• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Problems with the infotainment on the Emira

GreenDeal

Reaction score
Do any of you have problems with the navigation system, DAB radio or trip meter? I've had my LOTUS Emira since the end of March this year. The car is really great and it drives great too. But unfortunately the navigation, DAB radio stations and odometer are “subterranean” in their function and are really not appropriate for such a beautiful car. In addition, it does not meet the safety requirements or the state of the art. I don't have these problems with most of the significantly cheaper cars or even with the competitors! With the navigation system, for example, no street suggestions are made after entering the destination. With the radio I can select a maximum of around 5 DAB stations and the odometer counts for ride 1 and ride 2 at the same time. In addition, the counter for trip 2 cannot be reset or its mileage deleted? Unfortunately, this is very annoying and, as I said, it does not correspond to the state of the art! I've already talked to my dealer about it. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any advice at the moment. So I hope you can help me in this matter. Because like this, the current situation cannot remain! I'm sure other Emira owners also have this problem. Maybe there will be a solution or a software update soon so that the deficiencies can be eliminated. In any case, I would be very happy about a tip so that the deficiencies can be eliminated.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do any of you have problems with the navigation system, DAB radio or trip meter? I've had my LOTUS Emira since the end of March this year. The car is really great and it drives great too. But unfortunately the navigation, DAB radio stations and odometer are “subterranean” in their function and are really not appropriate for such a beautiful car. In addition, it does not meet the safety requirements or the state of the art. I don't have these problems with most of the significantly cheaper cars or even with the competitors! With the navigation system, for example, no street suggestions are made after entering the destination. With the radio I can select a maximum of around 5 DAB stations and the odometer counts for ride 1 and ride 2 at the same time. In addition, the counter for trip 2 cannot be reset or its mileage deleted? Unfortunately, this is very annoying and, as I said, it does not correspond to the state of the art! I've already talked to my dealer about it. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any advice at the moment. So I hope you can help me in this matter. Because like this, the current situation cannot remain! I'm sure other Emira owners also have this problem. Maybe there will be a solution or a software update soon so that the deficiencies can be eliminated. In any case, I would be very happy about a tip so that the deficiencies can be eliminated.
Navigation seems just OK to me - reroutes round traffic (in the UK at least) and shows speed cameras but I can't find any way to set an audio alert for these. Trip B function is explained in the main handbook (pages 76 and 80) that's a download from Lotus - English version here :

The quality of the amplifier/speaker system is such that compressed DAB radio sounds much worse than the same station on FM - that seems to be common across a lot of cars. There is a "refresh" function to search for more FM and DAB stations that's not obvious but also mentioned in the attached Infotainment guide (page 21).
One thing I have noticed on my car (only had it 2 days - probably built sometime in August and already had the new wiper motor when built) is that buried in the infotainment system is a "connect to wifi" option that happily connects to my home router when the car's outside the house, but for no apparent reason at present. Future OTA updates coming? SatNav maps would be nice, at least I suppose (dealer only at present). My 23 Kia Sportage Hybrid updates it's firmware OTA as well though......

Attachments

• Emira-infotainment-guide-en-gb-web-v2.pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 40
Last edited: