• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Infotainment media playback from USB problem.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know the system does not remember you last audio source but this just happened today. I started the car, selected Media, select USB-2 (A port), then I select Album. Normally this would put up the cover arts and you can select the album and then select the song. Today, when I select the Album ,ti came up blank but if I select the folder, I can see the album list and select it but the sones are listed in alphabetical order instead of album song number. Anyone seen this?

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know the system does not remember you last audio source but this just happened today. I started the car, selected Media, select USB-2 (A port), then I select Album. Normally this would put up the cover arts and you can select the album and then select the song. Today, when I select the Album ,ti came up blank but if I select the folder, I can see the album list and select it but the sones are listed in alphabetical order instead of album song number. Anyone seen this?
Update:

Went out for my first night drive later that evening and things are working again. the problems seems to be that it takes forever to load the the album cover arts for 20GB of music. The other problem remains as it will only play songs in alphabetical order from an album and not the actual song number.

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Update:

Went out for my first night drive later that evening and things are working again. the problems seems to be that it takes forever to load the the album cover arts for 20GB of music. The other problem remains as it will only play songs in alphabetical order from an album and not the actual song number.
Did you add numbers to the front of each file name for all your songs? If not, you may have to go to your computer and rename all your files.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did you add numbers to the front of each file name for all your songs? If not, you may have to go to your computer and rename all your files.

Or use something like mp3tag or even iTunes (if you must!) to add track numbers in the metadata - this may work if that's where the audio unit is looking…. This also allows album art embedding into individual song files which may speed things up…

My "local" music on iPhone is curated using this approach and seems to work fine....

1714993616115.png

Last edited:

BarryH

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had raised similar concerns with the local dealer. The rendering of folders and the files within them is problematic.
Folders appear to be in read order rather than alphabetic, while file order within the folder is alphabetic (I have added the number as a prefix to the filename). I haven't worked out what the "songs" order is as it is not alphabetic and not in Album/Folder order (random?) - I have 250GB of music so loading Albums is an extremely slow exercise.
Not remembering your place can make listening to audio books on longer drives a challenge :)

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Or use something like mp3tag or even iTunes (if you must!) to add track numbers in the metadata - this may work if that's where the audio unit is looking…. This also allows album art embedding into individual song files which may speed things up…

My "local" music on iPhone is curated using this approach and seems to work fine....

View attachment 42922

They works fine on my S5, RS5 and 718. But I have found one album that it's going with track number. I'll take a closer look at the file property and see. The one album tha tworks actually have nothing in the track column but have track number as the front of the title.
IMG_6759.jpg

My other albums that have proper track and disc number does not work.
IMG_6758.jpg

IMG_6760.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I found one album that is working with track number, will look at the file property but they all work on my other cars

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
All my other cars will read the track number in the file property. I did find one album that have the track number at the start of the title and that one works but that's an oddball, the rest of the industry reads the actual track number column.