Power at the front of the car for laser jammers

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was wondering if anyone who has seen the car in person, can see what power there is available at the front of the car, under the bonnet/hood. Something easily accessible.

I want to hook up wireless laser jammers/shifters that require 12v power up there, without going through the firewall grommet.

If you are curious, this is the system:

I have these on my Evora and are decent enough, easy install and not terribly expensive.

P.213-217 of the manual shows details of the front fuse box, which is located under the hood. I don't see reference to an ACC line there, but there ought to be something useable.

1665444032449.png

Wow that’s great. A front fuse box is perfect, can tap on to something there. Thanks for that

Indeed, I’ve read the consequences for using this in the UK are severe. Where I drive these are totally legal.

If anyone plans to do something similar, ill gladly share the file I used to 3D print a custom mount for a stealth install. Will be something like this (this was an old draft when I was working on the Evora)

95A65F26-410D-4918-9134-FF8F7C556C8F.jpeg

What do you guys use, a polaroid? :)

Most of the cameras we have on motorways either use radar for speed traps or ANPR for average speed checks between two points and thus wouldn't emit anything.

Then in towns we often have Truvelo cameras which have trip wires in the road surface.

The only laser based cameras would be mobile units I think.

Most of the cameras we have on motorways either use radar for speed traps or ANPR for average speed checks between two points and thus wouldn't emit anything.

Then in towns we often have Truvelo cameras which have trip wires in the road surface.

Thank you for the education, I would imagine it wouldn't be good business for the police since on your side of the world you guys are so proper, in America...."Frankly, my dear, we don't give a damn" :)

Most people who run a laser system run a layered approach with radar, laser, and GPS database.

The GPS database so long as it supports the UK would take care of any permanent camera fixtures regardless of technology.

Any mobile cameras are likely some MRCD variant which would be covered by the radar.

I'm actually surprised people still use radar detectors and laser jammers. Are you guys just constantly speeding 10+ over the limit everywhere and not looking for brake lights or using GPS to alert you of speed traps?

I'm actually surprised people still use radar detectors and laser jammers. Are you guys just constantly speeding 10+ over the limit everywhere and not looking for brake lights or using GPS to alert you of speed traps?
Cops here get smart with their hiding. Thankfully 99% of the time they only have Ka band radar. Only the moto cops have laser.