Potential exhaust mod?

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know I shouldn’t be getting carried away as we don’t have our cars yet in the UK.

Do you think there is a possibility of a simple reversible exhaust modification, like a ‘resonator delete’ on the Emira? Was there anything like this on the Evora

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know I shouldn’t be getting carried away as we don’t have our cars yet in the UK.

Do you think there is a possibility of a simple reversible exhaust modification, like a ‘resonator delete’ on the Emira? Was there anything like this on the Evora
3rd cat delete was very common for evora. Should be for Emira, as well.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is that still raid legal?
Road legal? Not sure sound-wise, but that shouldn't realistically be an issue unless your thrashing around at 8 am in your neighborhood. In the US (except California) it would still pass emissions I believe. My county doesnt even require emissions testing but has another 120+ point safety inspection that most other states don't. Not sure about the UK at all. Really probably depends where you are at, but you can always undo it before inspections. I think it was just an elbow that clamped on for the Evora, not sure how different it will be for the Emira.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score

for reference, and most Evora mods...

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
From what it says on that page UK Evora’s don’t have the 3rd cat… not sure if that’s true or not…

Have any UK Evora owners done any simple exhaust mods to get a throatier sound?

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

It’s the same engine but not the same exhaust, the angle changes completely, the Evora has center dual tips while the Emira are on both sides of the license plate, you will have to wait until someone develops a solution…

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Emira has the third cat and yes you'll be able to replace it with a straight pipe, probably under £500. It'll be slightly different to the Evora pipe.

2bular and Larini are waiting for production cars and are then likely to offer sports exhaust upgrades. I expect Komotec and others will too. Here are the Evora 400/410 ranges:

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Ugh so us Californians have to reverse this mod every two years? Although I think cars less than 4y old are exempt from the testing?

Im any case...

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ugh so us Californians have to reverse this mod every two years? Although I think cars less than 4y old are exempt from the testing?

Im any case...

You’ll not need to worry about emissions testing your vehicle for 8 years in California.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Assuming I keep it, first step will be to disable the valves so they're always open
If I want more I'll take it to PCW exhaust for a mod, done loads of mine in the past and its normally around £300

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Since 2019 I believe, any car that was 2015 or newer won’t have to smog check every other year for 8 years.
Quoting myself here but furthermore, it’s unlikely you wouldn’t pass smog without the third catalytic converter either. California smog now for modern cars is OBD2 readiness monitor check only and I believe the 3rd cat is downstream of any sensors. No smog tech is going to be doing a visual inspection by removing underbody paneling to check for your 3rd cat.

Getting pulled over and sent to the state ref is a different matter.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Assuming I keep it, first step will be to disable the valves so they're always open
If I want more I'll take it to PCW exhaust for a mod, done loads of mine in the past and its normally around £300
You get yours done first then I'll ring Paul, he's done my M3 before.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I'll guinea pig it 🤣

I found him some years back just after I'd forked out for the titanium MPE on my m4 , gutted...
Oh well, I'm thinking of the MPE for my F80. Not worth it?