Phone call from Lotus

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting, so for those who opt for factory collection, the cars get built in Hethel, then get transported to Oxford for the PDI, and then back to Hethel?
Really are you all bonkers, you moan about everything and then when someone gets a car you moan about the logistics - please stop. What will happen is when we get our cars we will not disclose anything because you will then moan about our drives garages etc? get a life

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Really are you all bonkers, you moan about everything and then when someone gets a car you moan about the logistics - please stop. What will happen is when we get our cars we will not disclose anything because you will then moan about our drives garages etc? get a life
Hey there - get a grip, and suggest you not be so patronising! It wasn't a moan but just that the logistics of the whole PDI process was baffling...that is all. Period.

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had call today and had confirmed that the number plates would be fixed with double-sided tape and not screws. They wont cut down length of plates as mine has 4 digit, but this is understandable and ok with me.
I have gone for 'work' delivery but will actually be detailers, but I need to be there of course.
So if you have a peronalised registration plate, can you give Lotus the retention certificate and they'll put your plate on the car from new registration? Has that been confirmed by anyone with Lotus?

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So if you have a peronalised registration plate, can you give Lotus the retention certificate and they'll put your plate on the car from new registration? Has that been confirmed by anyone with Lotus?
That was the impression i got, but they said it was for collecting 'information' at this stage

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes, this is the case - you need to send Hethel the V750 and they will register the car with that number, and fix the reg. plates. The dealer too confirmed this.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had call today and had confirmed that the number plates would be fixed with double-sided tape and not screws. They wont cut down length of plates as mine has 4 digit, but this is understandable and ok with me.
I have gone for 'work' delivery but will actually be detailers, but I need to be there of course.
I had a good look at the number plate mounts yesterday - there is a black block fixed to the top surface of the front lip. Then there is a thin black metal bracket (probably 200mm x 50mm?) affixed to the front of this block. If this was a UK car, and number plates are to be stuck directly to this bracket, I think it will work well with short registrations/three quarter sized plates

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes. I’ve confirmed that with CS and given them my registration.

Reaction score
I had a good look at the number plate mounts yesterday - there is a black block fixed to the top surface of the front lip. Then there is a thin black metal bracket (probably 200mm x 50mm?) affixed to the front of this block. If this was a UK car, and number plates are to be stuck directly to this bracket, I think it will work well with short registrations/three quarter sized plates
Good to hear thanks. I can easily get the plates made a bit shorter as they will be coming off for the ceramic coat.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Also do we know how the cars go from Hethel - Oxford - dealer/you? On transportation or driven? I'd rather that mine was not driven along the way...
My guess is that the whole UK factory to PDI to customer delivery process is outsourced to someone huge like Unipart at Cowley (if I'm right it's just a lucky guess, but Volvo are listed as customers). On that basis, Hethel becomes just another "Delivery Agent" at the end of the same process for factory collections....

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Exactly, like all the new car transportation is outsourced to their new logistics partner for all within-UK and Hethel-to-docks transport.