Phone call from Lotus

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just had a call from Lotus confirming delivery on schedule for July and to restate my delivery preferences.
Also there will be some new communication from Lotus tomorrow regarding (I think) test drives

G

Guest142

Just had a call from Lotus confirming delivery on schedule for July and to restate my delivery preferences.
Also there will be some new communication from Lotus tomorrow regarding (I think) test drives
Are you in the U.S.?

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So, whilst chatting to CS they informed me that all the cars get PDI'ed in Oxford before heading to you / dealer / hethel. It was one of the justifications for the delivery cost!

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Also do we know how the cars go from Hethel - Oxford - dealer/you? On transportation or driven? I'd rather that mine was not driven along the way...

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Why Oxford? Am I missing something?
I don't think so, but it must be some kind of outsourcing?
Also do we know how the cars go from Hethel - Oxford - dealer/you? On transportation or driven? I'd rather that mine was not driven along the way...
Transport, definitely not driven

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So i'm guessing the: "Also there will be some new communication from Lotus tomorrow regarding (I think) test drives" in my post earlier was going to be the driving academy!
#TheRyanAirOfCars

Davidexige

Reaction score
So i'm guessing the: "Also there will be some new communication from Lotus tomorrow regarding (I think) test drives" in my post earlier was going to be the driving academy!
#TheRyanAirOfCars
There was a post on Facebook yesterday from someone that’s had an email from Lotus saying dealer test drives in July.

Reaction score
Had call today and had confirmed that the number plates would be fixed with double-sided tape and not screws. They wont cut down length of plates as mine has 4 digit, but this is understandable and ok with me.
I have gone for 'work' delivery but will actually be detailers, but I need to be there of course.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't think so, but it must be some kind of outsourcing?

Transport, definitely not driven
It's a pity that Oxford is not an option for collection. I think that my delivery choice will be dictated by whichever is the quickest method of actually getting the car. Hope that the full tank of fuel doesn't come from the local supermarket in Oxford!

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So, whilst chatting to CS they informed me that all the cars get PDI'ed in Oxford before heading to you / dealer / hethel. It was one of the justifications for the delivery cost!
If all the cars go via Oxford, what are the dealers (retailers) actually doing other than giving you the keys?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
#TheRyanAirOfCars
Better than LarryAir? :LOL:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Had call today and had confirmed that the number plates would be fixed with double-sided tape and not screws. They wont cut down length of plates as mine has 4 digit, but this is understandable and ok with me.
I have gone for 'work' delivery but will actually be detailers, but I need to be there of course.

There should really be a magnetic attachment option for those poor souls requiring front plates on this gorgeous car.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting, so for those who opt for factory collection, the cars get built in Hethel, then get transported to Oxford for the PDI, and then back to Hethel?

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting, so for those who opt for factory collection, the cars get built in Hethel, then get transported to Oxford for the PDI, and then back to Hethel?
Yep. That's what I was told. A bit bonkers