Own Spec prices

Cljxc50

Reaction score
If the FE V6 is 76k in the UK with all the options,( i know they are discounted) how much do we think an own spec V6 will start at?
if those cars also start at 76K we could be spending a considerable amount extra money to buy a decent spec car if we are not lucky enough to get the FE.
i personally would like a different colour than those offered at the moment so this would rule out the FE for me.

We know the Base Edition starts from £59,995 and we're all assuming that's the i4. I heard a rumour the base V6 might be the same price, but I think that's unlikely.

My hunch is the base V6 will be £64-66k. The First Edition total bundle has apparently been discounted by £2-3k. So if you did a V6 to FE spec after the FE run you'd pay £78-79k rather than £76k.

No idea yet on pricing of the packs and other options but you can look at some similarities with some of the Evora options. Black pack was £2,000 on Evora but is £1,200 on Emira so it's not scientific!

Heard the uplift versus individual cost options is more like 5k, not that it matters much if you don't want all of them i guess.

76k v6, take off a few correlated sources of 7k-8k for subsidised options will bring the v6 base in at a very likely £68,995, a significant 9k difference over a base i4 at £59,995, as the i4 is 'only' 360bhp it'll likely still be very near the v6 in performance, but there will be a performance difference and the selling point of the only manual option available may help them justify the 9k difference.

UK base i4 is 62k after RFL in any case, add 4k for some wheels and a bit of paint, it's 66k OTR. Can't see it hitting the road any cheaper. Simply add the 9k back for the now light optioned v6 and you have 75k. 'Carefully' spec a GTS to 73k, add on 2k RFL. Same monies, which is why I think the above numbers are there or thereabouts and Lotus target market.

I follow your logic and clearly Lotus are looking closely at Porsche pricing with like for like specs and options.

I’m not sure they can justify a £9k difference V6 to i4. Let’s see, it’s an interesting situation with the different ages and powers.

In your calc haven’t you overstated the RFL on i4, as it’ll be lower emissions than the V6?

I follow your logic and clearly Lotus are looking closely at Porsche pricing with like for like specs and options.

I’m not sure they can justify a £9k difference V6 to i4. Let’s see, it’s an interesting situation with the different ages and powers.

In your calc haven’t you overstated the RFL on i4, as it’ll be lower emissions than the V6?
Very true, knock 1k off the RFL, treat yourself to an alcantara wheel a tracker and some petrol vouchers. Agree that a 9k difference is a big chunk of cash. If that IS the off-set (and an additional 1k off RFL) then I cannot see them retaining the MT much after the v6 FE, there are fewer and fewer customers who want MT nowadays, once speculators and die-hard MT enthusiasts get hold of their v6FEs, I cannot see potential buyers heading to Lotus and choosing the MT in any real numbers. v6 will make a better noise surely! but i can see the AMG doing enough drama of its own to at least limit that effect. Be interesting to see!

Very true, knock 1k off the RFL, treat yourself to an alcantara wheel a tracker and some petrol vouchers. Agree that a 9k difference is a big chunk of cash. If that IS the off-set (and an additional 1k off RFL) then I cannot see them retaining the MT much after the v6 FE, there are fewer and fewer customers who want MT nowadays, once speculators and die-hard MT enthusiasts get hold of their v6FEs, I cannot see potential buyers heading to Lotus and choosing the MT in any real numbers. v6 will make a better noise surely! but i can see the AMG doing enough drama of its own to at least limit that effect. Be interesting to see!
I do think manuals will see a resurgence. Definitely the case with Porsche GT cars.
When everyone is driving a speed limited electric car in a few years capable of 0-62 in 3.5 seconds they will be looking for aural and physical engagement from their 'weekend' car. As you say it will be interesting the next 10 year's