• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

On-the-road Costs - am i missing something?

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
As promised, the response from Lotus,its seems pretty standard to the other users responses also:

"
We have queried the delivery charge with headquarters to gain a better understanding of this cost.

The delivery cost covers transporting the car to our delivery partners and then to your chosen agency or home address. This cost also includes a full tank of fuel, number plates and registration charges, a high level pre-delivery inspection designed for sports cars, and finally cleaning and valet of the car.

As you can imagine, with a car being transported to different locations the car is likely to get dirty on it’s journey hence why there is a cleaning and valet charge. This cost is not optional and is required for delivery of the vehicle, whether it is to a chosen agency or home address.

We are hoping to be able to offer collection from Hethel as an experience option when deliveries commence, this will be a cost option. More details on this will follow in the future. I do apologise if this was not the answer you were expecting and for any inconvenience caused."
Yep none of that adds up to £1000, you could send someone with a covered transporter from anywhere in the country for a fraction of that. But I think someone mentioned elsewhere on here, that actually some of that cost goes to the dealer as a 'payment' of kind as they're not getting a cut of the sale given we're buying direct from Lotus.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Be interesting to know if home delivery (or to detailer) is in covered transport. Be a bit rubbish if it isn't, having been forced to pay to have an already brand new car cleaned.

thenextchapter

Reaction score
Be interesting to know if home delivery (or to detailer) is in covered transport. Be a bit rubbish if it isn't, having been forced to pay to have an already brand new car cleaned.
I’m interested to learn what a ‘valet’ actually means. My experience of brand new car cleaning at dealerships is patchy. With respect to the people washing the cars, they don’t have the time to do them properly and only a paid professional will take enough care in my experience.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi every one.... its like one step forward and one back.... LOTUS put out new information.... all looks good.... but still there is something to wrankle people up
I dont have issue with cost of delivery...
Am a little concerned about valeting..... is it being done at Lotus... is the car being transport with or without PPE ? who is going to be detailing the cars..... reading from the email shared by @Lots_Of_Trouble . It reads like the car will get cleaned after its been transported to your agent or home ?... can not see the delivery driver rocking up with 2 buckets, pressure washers and snow foam :oops:
Is the delivery driver, going to rock up with 2 buckets, pressure wash and snow foam gun :)

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m interested to learn what a ‘valet’ actually means. My experience of brand new car cleaning at dealerships is patchy. With respect to the people washing the cars, they don’t have the time to do them properly and only a paid professional will take enough care in my experience.
I have seen detailers use jet wash on sill of the car, with the door open, drop sponge on floor, shake it, then carry on..... seen guys at £5 car wash take more care.... :oops:

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also can‘t imagine that they are going to wash the car when delivering to our homes. One reason is that it is not allowed in Germany for example, and probably in some other European countries as well, to wash your car in your own driveway.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also can‘t imagine that they are going to wash the car when delivering to our homes. One reason is that it is not allowed in Germany for example, and probably in some other European countries as well, to wash your car in your own driveway.

Where do you wash your car?

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You can go to a wash box and pay for using their pressure washer. At most of those places you are also not allowed to use your own car care products.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You can go to a wash box and pay for using their pressure washer. At most of those places you are also not allowed to use your own car care products.

Gee, that’s rough. Is it a water saving measure? We can wash our cars at home here, but can only run the hose for pre-wash or rinsing.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No, we have more than enough water. It‘s to save the environment, because of all the chemicals.