Oh boy, the time is here, and I'm not ready yet!

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm glad you got chance to do the tour and see the cars and colors. Not to be negative but this seems like the biggest complaint that could be fixed very easy. Never thought of the Red with Nimbus but sounds like a smart combo.
I‘ve been to the factory also, on configurator I was Nimbus with tan leather as I’ve had cars with red leather and never had a tan leather so fancied a change and the red on configurator looked very bright, with red leather you need to get the shade just right else it can look tacky to me. Anyway after visit I swapped to red. Both go Fab but just thought the red looked more sporty, the tan more classical. i wanted the bright against the Nimbus

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I did Magma/tan, and was also on the fence about the calipers, but figured YOLO and went for yellow. They'll turn black in a week anyway. My alternate color config would have been Nimbus/tan with red calipers, and get the seatbelts re-webbed in red. I still think that would look fantastic, but all my other cars are neutral colors and I figured I should buy a red car at least once.
That will look Fab yes I would of chosen yellow callipers with that colour combo

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Could be worse, they could be asking for the money and you may have just been cleaned out by the financial crash currently happening in slo-mo! Half expecting this to happen to me this summer....will have to wait and see, meanwhile if anyone wants a DV V6 Emira in August get in touch :LOL:
My dealer didn't want a 2nd deposit. He said nothing more until he gets cars 👍

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My dealer didn't want a 2nd deposit. He said nothing more until he gets cars 👍
I've paid my second, expecting to pay the rest directly to Lotus 2 weeks before delivery - I expect it only works this way in the UK

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I‘ve been to the factory also, on configurator I was Nimbus with tan leather as I’ve had cars with red leather and never had a tan leather so fancied a change and the red on configurator looked very bright, with red leather you need to get the shade just right else it can look tacky to me. Anyway after visit I swapped to red. Both go Fab but just thought the red looked more sporty, the tan more classical. i wanted the bright against the Nimbus

I hope to buy or trade into black Alcantara seats with red stitch against the otherwise red interior. Agreed the red was perfect but the one I saw had black seats and it was just the right amount of color.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Only one wheel setup, although running black on one side and diamond cut on the other would solve that dilemma! 😄

For magma it would only be black wheels. For DV I am not sure.

Problem solved. If you are unsure about DV wheels, that means you will need a second set. Always choose the option that requires you to spend more money and get more stuff. :giggle: And I am being serious!

EDIT: Hey honey, you know how you have that great green dress that you bought two pairs of shoes for different situations? Both shoes look great with the dress. By the way, I need to get a second set of BBS wheels for the DV Emira for spring time fun.

Your welcome :LOL:

Last edited:

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
Damn I was literally reading this thread and just got the call from Naples that my time has come. My only conundrum is I want to share the car with my wife so she can enjoy it too, but she can't drive manual and has no desire to learn. So is it worth it grabbing the auto V6 because I'm impatient or do I wait for the AMG?

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Damn I was literally reading this thread and just got the call from Naples that my time has come. My only conundrum is I want to share the car with my wife so she can enjoy it too, but she can't drive manual and has no desire to learn. So is it worth it grabbing the auto V6 because I'm impatient or do I wait for the AMG?
Go for the V6 auto if you want to share with your wife. As you probably know, it is not a dual clutch so keep expectations real and you should be fine. V6 has a lot of character and downshift blips make amazing intake/exhaust noises every single time.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Yes yes. V6 Auto is good. I wouldn't hesitate to get it so you and your wife can roll and do touring holidays.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
IMHO, it all depends on how long your wife wants to wait for the car 😭

MajHall04

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wait for the AMG DCT!

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is a really interesting question. Not so much because of the choice if transmission for me, but because of the power plant. I’ve been thinking about this same question of v6 auto vs. i4 DCT. The DCT will be epic, and the auto less so, but still damn good. Instead I’ve been thinking about the difference between what I think will be a more linear power delivery from the v6 vs what I imagine is a more geometric delivery from a turbo 4 cylinder. I think I’d prefer the former. So if I had the choice I’d take the leap now rather than wait. The auto is more than adequate for trips with the wife and throwing it around the twisties. Just my opinion. Congrats on your new car, whatever form it takes.

ZorenEmira

Reaction score
Nimbus is what I ordered.

I went in there thinking the exact same spec as you, and by the time I left I surprised myself by choosing Nimbus with no black pack, black wheels, red interior and red calipers. Basically I changed everything but Nimbus itself. I’m still doubting the lack of black pack though. I figure I can black-ppf if I really want, and come close.

I've always hated red interiors, but I saw the red interior on a white car and it was love at first sight (for the interior). Then I saw a no-black-pack nimbus car sitting on black wheels and it looked MEAN. It had incredible presence, and looked like a race car. I knew immediately that's what I had to get. Just chose with my gut, based on what I had the most emotional reaction to. All specs look amazing.

You'll love your choice. Nimbus to me is the best color because it's equal parts classy and sporting, and shows off the lines of the car better than any other color. The wheels and roof really just tip it toward classy or toward sporting, and for me sporting is what made the heart skip a beat.

View attachment 5421
Bren is this the actual color of the nimbus you saw at Hetel. Does it change it color like bronze in different lighting?

ZorenEmira

Reaction score
Nismith I just got a call from Naples today. Im torn between Seneca and Nimbus. The Seneca was stunning the first time I saw the Emira. But I know the color hype would die down years to come but the nimbus would be classy and timeless.

What color you configured?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nismith I just got a call from Naples today. Im torn between Seneca and Nimbus. The Seneca was stunning the first time I saw the Emira. But I know the color hype would die down years to come but the nimbus would be classy and timeless.

What color you configured?
That’s what I thought there is no denying that blue looks awesome but I just thought somehow I might get sick of that colour it just didn’t seem me and also I definitely wanted red or tan leather and with the blue I don’t think these two are the best options. Nimbus is not a fad colour and will be timeless. Had a white car once and I literally kept it 4 weeks after coming to conclusion why did I buy white ? just cos it was in - it was murder to keep on top of ( all the black bits )so it went the journey replaced by silver lol

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the red, there is defo a tipping point with the brightness of red interiors. That will look awesome!