Oh boy, the time is here, and I'm not ready yet!

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I got a call today out of the blue from my dealer, and he was letting me know it is time to put my order in, and I have until the end of next week to make it FINAL!!! :oops: I was originally thinking it was going to be in June, and I thought "oh yeah, definitely a Top Gear article, or some factory photos by then"...well now I have a week and that's it, the car I WANT to keep for the next 20+ years (maybe that's crazy?) and I have to decide on the color based on some leaked photos and screengrabs from the factory footage.

What a stupid thing, and I know I'm in the same boat everyone else has been in, some with MUCH less to go on, other than the configurator. I was originally Magma Red, and wavered to Nimbus, then Shadow Grey, and lately I've been kind of hot on the Dark Verdant. I felt stupid on the phone with the dealer, not having a definite set of choices, even though I've had all of this time to think about it and decide.

Right now I am locked in (temporarily) at:

Manual V6
Magma
Tan
Full BP
Black wheels
Black calipers
Touring
No Privacy Glass

I've decided against Shadow grey, Hethel Yellow, Seneca Blue, and I think Nimbus. So that leaves me with Magma or DV. I am thinking of DV with black or diamond cut wheels and full BP. Why BP on DV? Because it will make the green seem more green when next to the black. It's like my house; the windows look black to everyone, but when you put black next to them, they look brown, because they are literally called black-brown. So, I am not going to go with the currently locked in spec. If I do red, then no full BP. Not sure on caliper color for a red car...would yellow look like McDonald's colors? Would yellow calipers with a green car look like John Deere colors?

SOOOO excited about this (even though I will likely get the car in February when there's 2 feet of snow and I'll have to find a covered car carrier trailer to get it to my garage!!). I know everyone likes different colors, so asking for input of any kind of something personal like this is kind of pointless, but just feeling like I'm not ready, so hate to have to rush such a big choice. Feeling for the others who have done this months ago with no new photos.

Last edited:
OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
SO MANY CHOICES!! These are just a few I'm looking at and agonizing over.

DV comparison 1.jpg

Magma real 4.jpg

FL Green.JPG

Emira red 2.png

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I got a call today out of the blue from my dealer, and he was letting me know it is time to put my order in, and I have until the end of next week to make it FINAL!!! :oops: I was originally thinking it was going to be in June, and I thought "oh yeah, definitely a Top Gear article, or some factory photos by then"...well now I have a week and that's it, the car I WANT to keep for the next 20+ years (maybe that's crazy?) and I have to decide on the color based on some leaked photos and screengrabs from the factory footage.

What a stupid thing, and I know I'm in the same boat everyone else has been in, some with MUCH less to go on, other than the configurator. I was originally Magma Red, and wavered to Nimbus, then Shadow Grey, and lately I've been kind of hot on the Dark Verdant. I felt stupid on the phone with the dealer, not having a definite set of choices, even though I've had all of this time to think about it and decide.

Manual V6
Magma
Tan
Full BP
Black wheels
Black calipers
Touring
No Privacy Glass

I've decided against Shadow grey, Hethel Yellow, Seneca Blue, and I think Nimbus. So that leaves me with Magma or DV. I am thinking of DV with black or diamond cut wheels and full BP. Why BP on DV? Because it will make the green seem more green when next to the black. It's like my house; the windows look black to everyone, but when you put black next to them, they look brown, because they are literally called black-brown. So, I am not going to go with the currently locked in spec. If I do red, then no full BP. Not sure on caliper color for a red car...would yellow look like McDonald's colors?

Would yellow calipers with a green car look like John Deere colors? SOOOO excited about this (even though I will likely get the car in February when there's 2 feet of snow and I'll have to find a covered car carrier trailer to get it to my garage!!). I know everyone likes different colors, so asking for input of any kind of something personal like this is kind of pointless, but just feeling like I'm not ready, so hate to have to rush such a big choice. Feeling for the others who have done this months ago with no new photos.
Congratulations, just placed my order this week. From what all the forum insiders that have seen the colors have said " you can't make a bad choice". Now the wait begins / again!

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I get it, and if it makes you feel any better I'm in exactly the same boat at the exact same time. My order is "locked" and deposit placed, but I have until next week to make any emergency changes.

I have been to the factory though, and I've seen Magma and Dark Verdant both and I'll reiterate what you already know which is that you cannot go wrong with either. Dark Verdant will be classier, subtle, more mysterious, and frankly a bitch to keep clean. Those renders you've posted above are fresh-clay bar mirror finish and your car will spend exactly one day that clean lol. Magma on the other hand is still classy but bolder, a little more look-at-me, but not as shouty as yellow or blue. It's a classic color and has a lot of travel over the surfaces. You know all of this though, because the images that have been posted outside are all finally telling the story pretty accurately.

The only thing I'll say is I didn't think ::that:: tan and ::that:: red were quite perfect together, but that's just my opinion and in fairness, I did not see them together. I saw tan interior on one side of the factory floor (on DV) and Magma on the other. I'm also more partial to very neutral / darker tan colors. Anyway I've dropped them together so you can stare at it and maybe help.

Edit: The more I stare at this image the better the combo looks lol. Good luck ;)

1652320938315.png

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m in the same boat. Dealer called me this week for my spec and I’m not ready 😭

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Although I change my mind daily, the current options going through the brain are: (not in order)

1. DV + flower wheels + ice leather
2. DV + flower wheels + red leather
3. Seneca + black wheels + alcantara with yellow stitch

All options with yellow calipers except 2. That would be red calipers.

Last edited:

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I get it, and if it makes you feel any better I'm in exactly the same boat at the exact same time. My order is "locked" and deposit placed, but I have until next week to make any emergency changes.

I have been to the factory though, and I've seen Magma and Dark Verdant both and I'll reiterate what you already know which is that you cannot go wrong with either. Dark Verdant will be classier, subtle, more mysterious, and frankly a bitch to keep clean. Those renders you've posted above are fresh-clay bar mirror finish and your car will spend exactly one day that clean lol. Magma on the other hand is still classy but bolder, a little more look-at-me, but not as shouty as yellow or blue. It's a classic color and has a lot of travel over the surfaces. You know all of this though, because the images that have been posted outside are all finally telling the story pretty accurately.

The only thing I'll say is I didn't think ::that:: tan and ::that:: red were quite perfect together, but that's just my opinion and in fairness, I did not see them together. I saw tan interior on one side of the factory floor (on DV) and Magma on the other. I'm also more partial to very neutral / darker tan colors. Anyway I've dropped them together so you can stare at it and maybe help.

Edit: The more I stare at this image the better the combo looks lol. Good luck ;)

View attachment 5420
since you did the tour and saw all the colors what did you think if Nimbus? My final order is Nimbus with black int., black pack and Diamond cut wheels.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
since you did the tour and saw all the colors what did you think if Nimbus? My final order is Nimbus with black int., black pack and Diamond cut wheels.

Nimbus is what I ordered.

I went in there thinking the exact same spec as you, and by the time I left I surprised myself by choosing Nimbus with no black pack, black wheels, red interior and red calipers. Basically I changed everything but Nimbus itself. I’m still doubting the lack of black pack though. I figure I can black-ppf if I really want, and come close.

I've always hated red interiors, but I saw the red interior on a white car and it was love at first sight (for the interior). Then I saw a no-black-pack nimbus car sitting on black wheels and it looked MEAN. It had incredible presence, and looked like a race car. I knew immediately that's what I had to get. Just chose with my gut, based on what I had the most emotional reaction to. All specs look amazing.

You'll love your choice. Nimbus to me is the best color because it's equal parts classy and sporting, and shows off the lines of the car better than any other color. The wheels and roof really just tip it toward classy or toward sporting, and for me sporting is what made the heart skip a beat.

1652322815034.jpeg

Last edited:

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm glad you got chance to do the tour and see the cars and colors. Not to be negative but this seems like the biggest complaint that could be fixed very easy. Never thought of the Red with Nimbus but sounds like a smart combo.
Nimbus is what I ordered.

I went in there thinking the exact same spec as you, and by the time I left I surprised myself by choosing Nimbus with no black pack, black wheels, red interior and red calipers. Basically I changed everything but Nimbus itself.

I've always hated red interiors, but I saw the red interior on a white car and it was love at first sight (for the interior). Then I saw a no-black-pack nimbus car sitting on black wheels and it looked MEAN. It had incredible presence, and looked like a race car. I knew immediately that's what I had to get.

I still think your spec is brilliant. You'll love it. Nimbus to me is the best color because it's equal parts classy and sporting, and shows off the lines of the car better than any other color

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I did Magma/tan, and was also on the fence about the calipers, but figured YOLO and went for yellow. They'll turn black in a week anyway. My alternate color config would have been Nimbus/tan with red calipers, and get the seatbelts re-webbed in red. I still think that would look fantastic, but all my other cars are neutral colors and I figured I should buy a red car at least once.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm glad you got chance to do the tour and see the cars and colors. Not to be negative but this seems like the biggest complaint that could be fixed very easy. Never thought of the Red with Nimbus but sounds like a smart combo.

I think part of it for me also is the fact that I've owned 14 cars and 13 of them have been grey lol. I was really hyping myself up to choose a loud and fun color, but ultimately Nimbus just looks the best to me. Part of me still wants to look out over the flared fenders with a bright bold color, and the red interior felt like a way to have Nimbus but make it a little more bold and fun.

I'm nervous about it though, if sunlight turns Nimbus a little too champagne, it could be really clashy with the red. So I've been incredibly frustrated (in a fun way? I'm not stressed) to see Nimbus outside and of course we all know it's the ONLY color that hasn't made it out into the sun (weird, considering it was the most populous color on the factory floor).

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think part of it for me also is the fact that I've owned 14 cars and 13 of them have been grey lol. I was really hyping myself up to choose a loud and fun color, but ultimately Nimbus just looks the best to me. Part of me still wants to look out over the flared fenders with a bright bold color, and the red interior felt like a way to have Nimbus but make it a little more bold and fun.

I'm nervous about it though, if sunlight turns Nimbus a little too champagne, it could be really clashy with the red. So I've been incredibly frustrated (in a fun way? I'm not stressed) to see Nimbus outside and of course we all know it's the ONLY color that hasn't made it out into the sun (weird, considering it was the most populous color on the factory floor).
I understand you concerns. I own a 2008 Elise 60th Anniversary Edition in Storm Titanium. I wasn't sure about Grey but that color in the sun is incredible. The lines on that car are so crisp. Nimbus should be close to the end result!

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I understand you concerns. I own a 2008 Elise 60th Anniversary Edition in Storm Titanium. I wasn't sure about Grey but that color in the sun is incredible. The lines on that car are so crisp. Nimbus should be close to the end result!

Very nice. Love storm titanium. I have a buddy with ST on his Elise, and I've always loved it.

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Very nice. Love storm titanium. I have a buddy with ST on his Elise, and I've always loved it.
It will be for sale when my Emira arrives! Great color.

Good luck getting through the next 7-8 months!

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Manual V6
Magma
Tan
Full BP
Black wheels
Black calipers
Touring
No Privacy Glass

I've decided against Shadow grey, Hethel Yellow, Seneca Blue, and I think Nimbus. So that leaves me with Magma or DV. I am thinking of DV with black or diamond cut wheels and full BP. Why BP on DV? Because it will make the green seem more green when next to the black. It's like my house; the windows look black to everyone, but when you put black next to them, they look brown, because they are literally called black-brown. So, I am not going to go with the currently locked in spec. If I do red, then no full BP. Not sure on caliper color for a red car...would yellow look like McDonald's colors?

Would yellow calipers with a green car look like John Deere colors? SOOOO excited about this (even though I will likely get the car in February when there's 2 feet of snow and I'll have to find a covered car carrier trailer to get it to my garage!!). I know everyone likes different colors, so asking for input of any kind of something personal like this is kind of pointless, but just feeling like I'm not ready, so hate to have to rush such a big choice. Feeling for the others who have done this months ago with no new photos.
IMO i like Magma better than DV. I think w DV you'll only have a handful of days when it looks green a boat load of days will look like black (but not a 'rich' black). But ive always had issue w dark metallics - line 12 up in the overcast clouds and it's impossible to tell what color they are until the sun comes out. I like Magma w Ice Grey and i like Nimbus w Red. Personally ive never been able to warm up to dark rims so i would be going w diamond cut. (And i may be to hard on DV since ive ruled it out immediately because im replacing a BRG car). And if Magma i would def go BP. This is a pic of die cast but LOVE how BP looks on it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220428-105541_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220428-105541_Chrome.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20220428-105553_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220428-105553_Chrome.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20220428-105630_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220428-105630_Chrome.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20220428-105526_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220428-105526_Chrome.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 74

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Nature often gives us the best color combinations. Green and yellow is dandelion and you cannot go wrong with this.

Also, I couldn't find whether or not you will be running two wheel setups. If so, please post what a 2nd wheel color will be for Magma and DV so we can better agonize with you.

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Nature often gives us the best color combinations. Green and yellow is dandelion and you cannot go wrong with this.

Also, I couldn't find whether or not you will be running two wheel setups. If so, please post what a 2nd wheel color will be for Magma and DV so we can better agonize with you.
Only one wheel setup, although running black on one side and diamond cut on the other would solve that dilemma! 😄

For magma it would only be black wheels. For DV I am not sure.

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
IMO i like Magma better than DV. I think w DV you'll only have a handful of days when it looks green a boat load of days will look like black (but not a 'rich' black). But ive always had issue w dark metallics - line 12 up in the overcast clouds and it's impossible to tell what color they are until the sun comes out. I like Magma w Ice Grey and i like Nimbus w Red. Personally ive never been able to warm up to dark rims so i would be going w diamond cut. (And i may be to hard on DV since ive ruled it out immediately because im replacing a BRG car). And if Magma i would def go BP. This is a pic of die cast but LOVE how BP looks on it
This is my concern with DV. This is a weekend/fair weather car only, and we get lots of sunshine in the summer/fall, so it should show nicely whatever color I go with.

I think all colors will look nice, just want to figure which one looks best (to me).

Just saw that new Nimbus photo, and that color is so tempting! Any other "leaked" photos out there? My dealer said he has no DV cars in his 15 orders so far!

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Could be worse, they could be asking for the money and you may have just been cleaned out by the financial crash currently happening in slo-mo! Half expecting this to happen to me this summer....will have to wait and see, meanwhile if anyone wants a DV V6 Emira in August get in touch :LOL: