Noble M500 - Twice the price but some similarities

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Makes the Emira look even more of a bargain.

Twin-turbocharged 3.5-litre Ford V6. 550bhp. No idea of the weight.

Double-wishbone suspension at each corner with coilover springs and passive dampers.

GRP body.

Hydraulically assisted power steering

6-Speed Manual

Rings some bells.

Noble have not actually settled on a price but it is expected to be in the £150k range so it meets the R8, C8 and 911 Turbo if you can get one) head on.

Funny how the launch colours on the Emira, Maserati and this are very similar!

Would you? Of course, the price uplift is befitting of the power offered.

Loving the Recaro Podium seats. Wow.

Emira is a LOT prettier and I wouldn't say the Noble looks any more 'supercar' than the Emira.

99-noble-m500-reveal-2022-lead.jpg.d2c647b79ffd30c40e905cbba72788ca.jpg

91-noble-m500-reveal-2022-engine.jpg.65155762c9983c1cab90c458d037c2f2.jpg
90-noble-m500-reveal-2022-rear-end.jpg.740603a1f4862feaecca9482c741b187.jpg
92-noble-m500-reveal-2022-rear-body.jpg.c3984886c41d2fa0da924408a003f68c.jpg
96-noble-m500-reveal-2022-interior.jpg.e16dc9f39146b10a3c36d4ac5446809b.jpg
88-noble-m500-reveal-2022-steering-wheel.jpg.e9d99ba3d9980ca7a3386e8bd650acb7.jpg
98-noble-m500-reveal-2022-rear.jpg.6ea606f4f94f0fda268d378dcd035736.jpg
97-noble-m500-reveal-2022-side.jpg.0277ce88dc56222cb105d93655ba393d.jpg

Seems like blue is the new "it" color for sportscars these days. The M500 is certainly a cool car, but I'll stick with my Emira.

How's this for a different perspective... Is the Emira worth two of the new Nissan Zs? 400HP V6 twin turbo with a massive dealer network, tons of aftermarket support, and great tuning capability.. I could buy one for me and a buddy for the price of the Emira FE!

Really glad to see Noble back with a new model, but the styling looks a bit unresolved and it faces very stiff opposition at 150k. Still, another analogue mid engine sports car has to be a good thing.

Seems like blue is the new "it" color for sportscars these days. The M500 is certainly a cool car, but I'll stick with my Emira.

How's this for a different perspective... Is the Emira worth two of the new Nissan Zs? 400HP V6 twin turbo with a massive dealer network, tons of aftermarket support, and great tuning capability.. I could buy one for me and a buddy for the price of the Emira FE!
I definitely love blue. But with my M2 Comp being "Long Beach Blue", I want to make a change and go with Hethel Yellow for my Emira build.

I have this odd thing where every new weekend toy car can't be the same color as the one before it, lol.

With regards to this new Noble......

I love the M600. But this new M500.........not so much.

The back end looks way too much like an odd 918 Spyder-inspired copy that didn't quite work out.

Looks like a "kit" car, and a combination of Ferrari 458, Saleen S7, and McLaren. I'm sure it will be fast and fun, but not all that refined.

Reactions: DJW
I really like the front half of the car, but then it starts to get weird and the back is really busy looking. Engine bay is pretty. No trunk. I like the steering wheels with no buttons.

I don't know much about Noble and their driving characteristics 😕

Drove a friends Noble 3R and it’s up there with Lotus re handling, steering etc. great cars. Although like others the looks of the 500 don’t work for me.

Snap from our Alps trip where I took the Exige at the time

67C3C480-0D46-425E-9FD7-72FB4655FA56.jpeg

Overall, it’s a pleasing shape. But there’s a few peculiar design decisions, particularly with the side profile...

The bonnet is almost symmetrically curved over the front wheel, rather than the nose dropping off from the arch. This makes the front look “fat”.

The vent gap below the A-pillar makes it look as if the door has been hinged in the wrong place (not the first time I’ve seen this).

The side intakes look like a fish’s gills… too much and too fussy. And what’s the purpose of that straight line below the door handle?

The glasshouse looks squashed, because the line from the A-pillar meets the roof in the wrong spot (see the Emira for how to do it right).

I know everyone’s a critic, but comparing this design to the Emira is asking for criticism. The Lotus is almost perfect, with every line consistent and purposeful. This car, in contrast, is a hodge-podge of radius curves and lines that don’t lead anywhere. Disappointing.

Overall, it’s a pleasing shape. But there’s a few peculiar design decisions, particularly with the side profile...

The bonnet is almost symmetrically curved over the front wheel, rather than the nose dropping off from the arch. This makes the front look “fat”.

The vent gap below the A-pillar makes it look as if the door has been hinged in the wrong place (not the first time I’ve seen this).

The side intakes look like a fish’s gills… too much and too fussy. And what’s the purpose of that straight line below the door handle?

The glasshouse looks squashed, because the line from the A-pillar meets the roof in the wrong spot (see the Emira for how to do it right).

I know everyone’s a critic, but comparing this design to the Emira is asking for criticism. The Lotus is almost perfect, with every line consistent and purposeful. This car, in contrast, is a hodge-podge of radius curves and lines that don’t lead anywhere. Disappointing.
I agree, it doesn’t look quite right on some angles, and there doesn’t seem to be any continuity of the design, but I bet it’s going look some much beetr in the flesh.

I agree, it doesn’t look quite right on some angles, and there doesn’t seem to be any continuity of the design, but I bet it’s going look some much beetr in the flesh.
I hope this is the year for TVR, Lotus and Noble.

This is the ugliest wheel+interior trim I've ever seen, made worse by wrapping it entirely in Alcantara.

The thing with Alcantara in road cars is to use it sparingly (same with CF), otherwise it looks tacky as hell.
I agree, it's like it's been tar and feathered. I wonder if Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen designed it? The wheel is bonkers.