No OTA?

Medic518

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The way I am reading the manual, specifically the attached paragraph, is that there is no OTA and the Emira will have to taken to a dealership for any software updates. Has anyone heard different?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 11.11.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 11.11.17 PM.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 68
The way I am reading the manual, specifically the attached paragraph, is that there is no OTA and the Emira will have to taken to a dealership for any software updates. Has anyone heard different?

That's pretty standard though, right? Dealers typically scan and log which vehicles are brought in for software updates. I can see something like native GPS maps being updated OTA, but not ECU/TCU mapping.

It’s an old car design pretending to be modern. OTA is mostly for EVs surely. Pretty sure a 2000 Toyota ECU is pretty basic, even the AMG one will be off grid.

Thank god for that! A couple of years ago and unbeknown to me BMW installed an automatic software update on my 435D that corrupted the idrive rendering it completely inoperative. Had to go to a BMW dealer and pay for the problem to be diagnosed, the software to be reinstalled properly then full systems test and road test! The dealer acknowledged it was BMWs fault but i still had to pay for the repair!

It’s an old car design pretending to be modern. OTA is mostly for EVs surely. Pretty sure a 2000 Toyota ECU is pretty basic, even the AMG one will be off grid.
My Jeep Wrangler receives OTA updates and they are a god-send over having to sit at the dealership for hours on end waiting for them to run an update that takes 40 min. The updates include both infotainment and features. Moreover, IF I want to run myself I can use a memory card or USB to start/run any update - but have mostly relied on OTA lately..

Last edited:
My Jeep Wrangler receives OTA updates and they are a god-send over having to sit at the dealership for hours on end waiting for them to run an update that takes 40 min. The updates include both infotainment and features. Moreover, IF I want to run myself I can use a memory card or USB to start/run any update - but have mostly relied on OTA lately..
It would be nice to receive OTA updates. My dealer is 90 minutes away in killer traffic so it would have to be a critical update for me to make the trip. Each car has trade offs and the Emira is no exception.

Back