No Lotus in Gran Turismo 7?

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Say it isn’t so! I’ve been looking forward to “driving” the Evora and Emira in the (long awaited) GT7. Now I see that the Lotus brand is no longer part of the series. I cannot fathom why, as they have been part of Gran Turismo since the very start!

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
@Racer X - when did you put your meta-based crypto deposit in? Lotus is on their 3rd calls to July deposit holders for the UK, 0 for the US, and 12th for video game complaints. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: ino

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it's a licensing issue with Geely. The Emira is in CSR Racing.

Reactions: ino
OP
Racer X

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
We’ll, I hope that GT and Lotus resolve their differences. Gran Turismo has been a huge influence on the car community. The first I had ever heard of a Skyline GT-R was from that game. I even bought both a Subaru WRX and an STi because of that game. If Lotus wants to extend their brand appreciation it would benefit them to be part of the game.

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The word from a few years ago is that Lotus found out what the other British manufacturers were getting paid for being in the game and got mad and revoked their licenses. Not sure the truth to that, but thats been going around for years.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Say it isn’t so! I’ve been looking forward to “driving” the Evora and Emira in the (long awaited) GT7. Now I see that the Lotus brand is no longer part of the series. I cannot fathom why, as they have been part of Gran Turismo since the very start!
Where did you see this?