No Emira for me šŸ˜•

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Iā€™m keeping fingers crossed on that.

People really need an update on their delivery date so they can plan for the trip. The trip balance is due for payment in mid July. Iā€™ll be trying to find out more at Goodwood then we can take a view.
Ah, you might need to be transparent with them and ask for more time. We might be okay, just thinking of all those that were interested.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's on my radar and I'm planning to contact the current participants and Steam Packet after Goodwood, in the hope I might know a bit more about delivery dates.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nice one, Tom.
My only big fear left is that, due to one thing or another, we don't even get the car in August and might even miss IoM. I had so many plans and booked quite a few things. If August gets wiped out and deliveries start to look like mid-Sep to Dec then a LOT of people wobble on deliveries.

Anyway, let's hope for the best as we always do.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I reckon Emira servicing will be more ā€œpremiumā€ than the Evoraā€¦special oil anā€™ all that! ;)

Ah yes, special Toyota oil filters, crush washers, and oil :D

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I believe it will not be expensive and probably undercut the usual rivals.

However, I do see a problem, for some, with servicing logistics and possibly parts, for the short-term to 18-months or so.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I believe it will not be expensive and probably undercut the usual rivals.

However, I do see a problem, for some, with servicing logistics and possibly parts, for the short-term to 18-months or so.
We haven't really been told what is happening in regards to dealer network and that's in the UK yet alone global

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yep, exactly... that is my concern for others (I am personally fine where I live).
We have very little info on the forward planning part of all of this and it has to be a valid concern for many.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We haven't really been told what is happening in regards to dealer network and that's in the UK yet alone global
There was the UK review which finished last year, resulting in some leaving the network, many confirmed as staying, some new additions and indications of further new ones to be added. I think they said roughly where in the country the new ones would be. It was probably in a Lotus press release mid last year.

Edit: here you go, UK dealers and intended new locations:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
There was the UK review which finished last year, resulting in some leaving the network, many confirmed as staying, some new additions and indications of further new ones to be added. I think they said roughly where in the country the new ones would be. It was probably in a Lotus press release mid last year.

Edit: here you go, UK dealers and intended new locations:
I dont know about you, but I'm not sure how committed that dealer network is anymore...
Let's just say mine isnt exactly engaging. So much so i will have the Emira delivered to my house now rather than them. Only reason I was delivering to them was to build up a relationship. I don't do one sided relationships tho. Well not if it's me doing all the work šŸ˜…

Last edited:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I dont know about you, but I'm not sure how committed that dealer network is anymore...
Let's just say mine is exactly engaging. So much so i will have the Emira delivered to my house now rather than them. Only reason I was delivering to them was to build up a relationship. I don't do one sided relationships tho. Well not if it's me doing all the work šŸ˜…
Same here , i may choose mine to get delivered. Sheffield is meant to come on line at some time.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Same here , i may choose mine to get delivered. Sheffield is meant to come on line at some time.
Have you tried some comms with them? I've had 3 emails forwarded to the receptionist, when it was obvious she wouldn't be able to help. And I've rung three times and not been called back. Shame as the owner seemed like a proper petrol head

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Let's just say mine isnt exactly engaging. So much so i will have the Emira delivered to my house now rather than them. Only reason I was delivering to them was to build up a relationship. I don't do one sided relationships tho. Well not if it's me doing all the work šŸ˜…
Sorry to hear that. I know many are as frustrated as we are at the lack of comms. Despite all that, mine has been responsive to questions and shared what they can. But Iā€™ve known them for 20+ years.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I know many are as frustrated as we are at the lack of comms. Despite all that, mine has been responsive to questions and shared what they can. But Iā€™ve known them for 20+ years.
That's the relationship I want. But Lotus and the dealer don't seem to want to reciprocate šŸ˜…
They really could have been the real enthiasts Porsche. But they have got the business model terribly wrong from the off unfortunately šŸ˜• #forthedrivers was brilliant and promised so much. The only good bit of marketing to come out of Lotus so far. Unfortunately they haven't backed it up in actions, comms or dare I say product. (they should have at least offered a performance driving pack)

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Service depts probably worth a relationship still.

One of the joys is chatting to the mechanics/service teams.

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That's the relationship I want. But Lotus and the dealer don't seem to want to reciprocate šŸ˜…
They really could have been the real enthiasts Porsche, but they have got the business model terribly wrong from the off unfortunately šŸ˜•
Theyā€™ve decided the new business model is right for them. A La Tesla et al.

We are just the customers.

We just want a brown cardboard box delivered to our doorstep. And a bunch of follow up emails with our names on (thatā€™s real top personalisation there!) pushing stuff on us.

Well, at least thatā€™s what theyā€™ve decided that enough of us want!

Doesnā€™t look like Ā£80,000 is enough to get anything more personal than that.

Which is rubbish, given there are some brilliant examples of high quality customer service, customer engagement, community building for much lower price point products.

Luckily for Lotus is the ā€˜old guardā€™ do such a great job of keeping the brand alive, building a great community, offering lots of advice - all with a smile and joy - despite all the well documented challenges over the years!

But it sounds like the ā€˜old guardā€™ are not valued.

PS Iā€™m not old guard as Iā€™m 35, slim, dark hair (all my own), wear cool clothes and have a tasteful number of tattoos, a fine whisky collection and go for cool looking drives only at dusk or dawn on empty country roads while staring into the middle distance with a slight frown/ enigmatic smile. Then return to my Nordic style house on the lake to drink my cool whisky collection and stare into the middle distance some more and give a self satisfied smile.

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Theyā€™ve decided the new business model is right for them. A La Tesla et al.

We are just the customers.

We just want a brown cardboard box delivered to our doorstep. And a bunch of follow up emails with our names on (thatā€™s real top personalisation there!) pushing stuff on us.

Well, at least thatā€™s what theyā€™ve decided that enough of us want!

Doesnā€™t look like Ā£80,000 is enough to get anything more personal than that.

Which is rubbish, given there are some brilliant examples of high quality customer service, customer engagement, community building for much lower price point products.

Luckily for Lotus is the ā€˜old guardā€™ do such a great job of keeping the brand alive, building a great community, offering lots of advice - all with a smile and joy - despite all the well documented challenges over the years!

But it sounds like the ā€˜old guardā€™ are not valued.

PS Iā€™m not old guard as Iā€™m 35, slim, dark hair (all my own), wear cool clothes and have a tasteful number of tattoos, a fine whisky collection and go for cool looking drives only at dusk or dawn on empty country roads while staring into the middle distance with a slight frown/ enigmatic smile. Then return to my Nordic style house on the lake to drink my cool whisky collection and stare into the middle distance some more and give a self satisfied smile.
Are you the new James Bond ?

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

*swipes right*

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Itā€™s with a sad heart that Iā€™m going to have to give up on my dream of the Emira, for now anyway! I will be on here reading the comments ,as always , as most are educational, some are funny and a few are just plain crazy šŸ˜œ. I would like to wish everyone all the best with their future purchase of what will be an awesome car ( magma forever) and a real head turner. Iā€™m going to be well annoyed when I see one in the wild but maybe in a couple of years I will be in a better position to get one on my drive.
My final questions are- do I buy and flip, do I sell my place or do I just get my deposit back?
If you buy to flip and Lotus finds out, you will be denied a chance to purchase direct from them in the future, if you donā€™t care, go for it! I would get my deposit back!

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If you buy to flip and Lotus finds out, you will be denied a chance to purchase direct from them in the future, if you donā€™t care, go for it! I would get my deposit back!
Now you're just doing it to do it. Stop with these old posts! You can just read them and not comment; it just clogs up the front page of the forums where I am just trying to read new stuff.