No Emira for me 😕

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Let’s wait and see as soon as autotrader list Emira, how many Emiras appear for sale. I had no intention of this but now I’m quite happy to say if car is not great and if I can flip car then I would, due to all the time I’ve invested, deposit etc into waiting for this car and the far from pleasurable journey it has been buying a Lotus direct model. As time has gone on my concerns have been mounting ( e.g what is the CS service going to be like if I have a issue ) Plus basically been led to believe this is a great drivers car - so if Jenson Button and Lotus don’t deliver what they have said I’ll feel miffed off of not having a car all year waiting for Emira.
If any changes to spec result in a delay Lotus need to have this rule for all, not bypassed if your a high profile customer! 😉

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Let’s wait and see as soon as autotrader list Emira, how many Emiras appear for sale. I had no intention of this but now I’m quite happy to say if car is not great and if I can flip car then I would, due to all the time I’ve invested, deposit etc into waiting for this car and the far from pleasurable journey it has been buying a Lotus direct model. As time has gone on my concerns have been mounting ( e.g what is the CS service going to be like if I have a issue ) Plus basically been led to believe this is a great drivers car - so if Jenson Button and Lotus don’t deliver what they have said I’ll feel miffed off of not having a car all year waiting for Emira.
If any changes to spec result in a delay Lotus need to have this rule for all, not bypassed if your a high profile customer! 😉
Thats fine and its probably not even flipping a car; its hard to think of it as flipping when they have 5000 odd orders to be built, I mean it does not compare with ordering a gt3 or sypder, the famous cars, for a privileged few and never using them then selling them foor 20/30/40 k. Where in a year there maybe 200 cars in the UK and 20 in spain for example.
You are simply buying a car, that thousands of others are also buying and if you dont like it you sell it.... If you dont lose much money or make some ... great, I think most here would do the same, but hopefully they wont need to.
As you say, if 1 or 2 appear on autotrader, no problem, if 30 and 40 appear in August, then the values will potentially slip unless all those 30/40 hold out for very high prices....
Yes its worrying... are Lotus building up a small % of spares for warranty issues, or insurance jobs, or will people have to wait months to get their cars fixed. If its your daily, this is an issue as the Agents wont be giving you an evora to drive around in for months meanwhile. Im sure Lotus know all this......

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Imagine a fanboy such as me flipping it.
That would never happen....

unless...

Somebody offered me a 458 Spyder in exchange. :D
If the car is not great the resale value will reflect the markets concern and price the used car accordingly.

Personally I believe that the car is great and that some of the reviews reflect this.. If the Emira can stand toe to toe with porsche and it’s been picked because of luggage space and practicality. Then is just individual preference. The only real concern is the shift linkage. Everything else is personal taste..

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
sorry that you are giving up the car but hopefully you will be able to get a used one or even a new one done the road. I've never been a fan of the buy to flip but I'm also not a fan of the dealer ADMs. However, I was put into a situation where I was taking delivery recently of a car and was offered a good chunk of change not to get it. This was before it was even unloaded from the truck. I ended up accepting the offer as it allowed me to reorder it but add on extra options that I had a hard time justifying the upgrades. I felt it was a win win as the new guy got a car right away and I got a nicer car for the same amount of money I had originally budgeted for; I just had to wait for another one to be built. Good luck

Schumacher

Reaction score
I drove and flipped my M3 Xcomp earlier this year. You don't make much money after TTL, tint, ceramic, insurance, etc. I think I cleared around 4K, but it was a fun few months. I plan to drive my Emira for about a year till I move to Lake Tahoe where I will have no use for a sports car.

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If I did find myself not loving the Emira, I might not sell it outright. Instead, I’d trade it in with Porsche for over MSRP in exchange for a 911 build slot. They are desperate for used cars to sell.

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
IMHO, as long as your intention when first ordering the car was to own it for a decent amount of time, then it does not count as "flipping".

Plans change and people move on. There is no shame in getting a fair market value for it.

Gibbo205

Reaction score
With all the craziness in the world, war, cost of living, recession looming I'd be surprised if OVER's on a flip was possible and if it is I really can't see them fetching big amounts overs, maybe a couple of grand for a delivery miles car?

Yellow Emira

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm in the same position as Daz. I've been following the forum for a while now and prefer to read rather than post. It's very honourable what Daz has done by not "flipping". Since placing my deposit my personal circumstances has changed and to be honest I could really do with the extra cash. So mine will be going on auto trader immediately now and I am within the first delivery 200 car batch. I appreciate people dislike this and I apologise but I don't think anyone should let people talk them out of doing it as it's their position and circumstance. If I was as wealthy as some of you appear to be I would take the deposit back. However, I am not and this will help me out. Will be gutted not to keep the car after obsessing over it for a year. I haven't done this before and ask if anyone knows about it to DM me, should I sell privately or try to sell to a dealer or have a dealer sell for me?

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm in the same position as Daz. I've been following the forum for a while now and prefer to read rather than post. It's very honourable what Daz has done by not "flipping". Since placing my deposit my personal circumstances has changed and to be honest I could really do with the extra cash. So mine will be going on auto trader immediately now and I am within the first delivery 200 car batch. I appreciate people dislike this and I apologise but I don't think anyone should let people talk them out of doing it as it's their position and circumstance. If I was as wealthy as some of you appear to be I would take the deposit back. However, I am not and this will help me out. Will be gutted not to keep the car after obsessing over it for a year. I haven't done this before and ask if anyone knows about it to DM me, should I sell privately or try to sell to a dealer or have a dealer sell for me?

How much do you want, selling what it cost you or overs? What is spec I am asking because I have a mate who was interested in getting an Emira and could pass the details on.

I may also sell mine too or may just delay delivery for a base AMG, I am undecided at present.

Yellow Emira

Reaction score
How much do you want, selling what it cost you or overs? What is spec I am asking because I have a mate who was interested in getting an Emira and could pass the details on.

I may also sell mine too or may just delay delivery for a base AMG, I am undecided at present.
I'm cautious I don't want to turn this into a for sale advert for the emira Gibbo and was looking for a bit of advice on selling. Just wanted to say people can sell them don't let someone else stop you as everyone is in different circumstances. When I get the car I will put it on Auto trader open for offers. Feel free to DM me if your friend is interested

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It’s your car do as you see fit and don’t feel any guilt around it - it’s simply supply and demand and the cars values is what someone is willing to pay💰 . Just look at the ridiculous prices people were selling used RS3 at significantly above RRP. I don’t think you will be the only one on autotrader. Once your know dates I would ring round some prestige dealers but if your selling yourself you get 100% of sale but on other hand dealers may have a client willing to pay significantly over to beat the queue- who knows. Bet any money some buyers have ordered with no intention of keeping other than making a fast buck.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A private sale shouldn't be difficult. The car will have delivery mileage, will have had PDI inspection by Lotus, and will still have the majority of the warranty. It'll just already have one registered owner.

Bear in mind the running-in procedure includes an oil change and ECU download at around 1000 miles. The ECU info is used to check you haven't abused it during running in. So if you sell before that 1000 mile service, a potential purchaser may want an ECU printout. You may want one too, in case the new owner hammers it then gets a telling off at 1000 miles and tries to blame you.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
A private sale shouldn't be difficult. The car will have delivery mileage, will have had PDI inspection by Lotus, and will still have the majority of the warranty. It'll just already have one registered owner.

Bear in mind the running-in procedure includes an oil change and ECU download at around 1000 miles. The ECU info is used to check you haven't abused it during running in. So if you sell before that 1000 mile service, a potential purchaser may want an ECU printout. You may want one too, in case the new owner hammers it then gets a telling off at 1000 miles and tries to blame you.
Do lotus include this 1000 oil change in the price? I assume not so do you know how much it cost?