No Emira for me 😕

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It’s with a sad heart that I’m going to have to give up on my dream of the Emira, for now anyway! I will be on here reading the comments ,as always , as most are educational, some are funny and a few are just plain crazy 😜. I would like to wish everyone all the best with their future purchase of what will be an awesome car ( magma forever) and a real head turner. I’m going to be well annoyed when I see one in the wild but maybe in a couple of years I will be in a better position to get one on my drive.
My final questions are- do I buy and flip, do I sell my place or do I just get my deposit back?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It’s with a sad heart that I’m going to have to give up on my dream of the Emira, for now anyway! I will be on here reading the comments ,as always , as most are educational, some are funny and a few are just plain crazy 😜. I would like to wish everyone all the best with their future purchase of what will be an awesome car ( magma forever) and a real head turner. I’m going to be well annoyed when I see one in the wild but maybe in a couple of years I will be in a better position to get one on my drive.
My final questions are- do I buy and flip, do I sell my place or do I just get my deposit back?
If you are going to buy to flip you may as well drive it for a few months amd be an owner, albeit for a short period 🙂

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Buy and flip would be the only option for me, I know that annoys a lot of people in this day and age but why not make some money while you can. Problem is when you buy it you probably won't sell it due to how amazing it is.

All the best and good luck.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm not even sure that in the UK there are going to be massive 'overs' on the Emira
Can see dealers maybe selling for late £80ks? So 5k for original owner maybe?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm not even sure that in the UK there are going to be massive 'overs' on the Emira
Can see dealers maybe selling for late £80ks? So 5k for original owner maybe?
I think your right around 5k to 10k over, worth paying if you've got a few quid and don't want to wait 18 months.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry to hear that, hope you get into one at some point in the future.

I'm not a fan of people who buy solely for the purposes of flipping but your situation is different and it seems like a sensible option, provided you can fund the full purchase price or can find someone to agree to take the car straight away and is happy to fund up front.

There were some people asking around unofficially at nearly £100k but I think high 802/low 90s is more realistic.

Lotus will probably prevent you from selling your place before delivery.

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When I asked about registering mine in my wife's name they said it would have to be in my name as it was my order/deposit. Still would like it in her name though .

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When I asked about registering mine in my wife's name they said it would have to be in my name as it was my order/deposit. Still would like it in her name though .
That’s incredibly unhelpful

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Awww bummer Daz!

Getting your deposit back would be the least depressing. Buying and flipping would be the most depressing, especially if you fall in love with it. If you're going to buy and flip, I recommend you not drive it, just to save you from the emotional misery. It might also sell for more that way if it still has original factory/delivery miles. It will literally be an off-the-showroom car at that point, and that might be good for a premium when you sell it.

I don't think you'd be able to sell your place in line. As long as you can get your full deposit back, either go with that option or buy and flip.

Sirtreeman

Reaction score
Or do a deal with someone who is really keen for the car in your spec for a modest return, how about post it on a forum somewhere........

OP
Daz

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve had a think - don’t really like people who just flip cars, greed is NOT good to try to sell my place, so I’m just going to get my deposit back and an unknown person jumps 1 place 🙂

Sirtreeman

Reaction score
I’ve had a think - don’t really like people who just flip cars, greed is NOT good to try to sell my place, so I’m just going to get my deposit back and an unknown person jumps 1 place 🙂
good plan Daz, atb

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're pulling out, I've been stressing about whether to go ahead with mine or not but at the moment I'm still in! For me, perhaps not the most financially sensible decision, but hey, you only live once right?

What's the spec that lucky person gets Daz, if you don't mind sharing?

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My friend is waiting for a magma refill but won’t be until late next year . What spec was yours he may pay you a little over the odds for your delivery , keep me posted 👌🏽