New owner perspective

OP
S

Subw00er

Reaction score
Truly great review @Subw00er…
Who knew an engineer could be so thoughtful and poetic?? lol
I did the engineer bit last, so I wasn't ruined by numbers and formulas at a young age..

OP
S

Subw00er

Reaction score
Really enjoyed that write up. Comparisons are also interesting. I’m shocked some are comparing the shifter to s2000, but if it’s even close that’s amazing. You’re not the only person to make the comparison. Makes sense that notchy is more like the rifle bolt feeling s2000 vs the Porsche excellent but kind of butter smooth action.
Its better than the s2000 from any year IMO. The knob on the s2000 is better.

OP
S

Subw00er

Reaction score
my reference for sound is the high end system in the e92m3 comp which I think is great. I heard the kef parked and it sounded fine. If I can get clear sound at a reasonably high volume I am good. I don’t need booming bass or some magical 3dness from car audio. Have not heard at speed though where I hear it suffers a bit. The m has great insulation so it performs fine at speed.
Yah the e92m3 system is pretty good. It was the first car I owned where I didn't think it was worth the effort to upgrade it anymore.

Here is the order of stereo quality in my mind: emira..........e92m3, Zl1, s550 (burmester), s90 (B&W)
There is a big jump between the emira and the M3. :)

Drambeenie

Reaction score
You're correct that a lot of the interior components are shared with Volvo as both use controls from Lynk & Co. THERE IS an easy swap available to go from the tactile steering wheel controls to hard buttons (which as you point out makes way more sense). I've attached a picture, and more info can be found in these threads, where someone swapped this during a repair job:

View attachment 39875

This looks like a great mod. Will it also work for manual transmission steering wheels without the flappy paddles?