New M2

If lotus raises prices then the manual m2 could be a good option. Looks awkward but will drive nice and the electronics are nice

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢 followed up with a dash of 🤮

Edit: It's against my nature to own an ugly car. I just can't do it.
Totally agree. I don't care if it has Ferrari performance, I could not drive it. I appreciate that technology nowadays hides the weight and improves performance but BMW is really pushing the limits. Talk about alienating their customers...

I really wanted to like the new M2. On paper, it's a great car to pair with (not replace) a Lotus. But I can't get over how terrible it looks. It seems like BMW want to see how much ugly we will put up with and I don't want to play that game.

This is a case where the regular 2 series (M240i) is a much better looking car, and also doesn't give up that much dynamically. As great as the mechanicals are on the M2, the god-awful styling choices are going to limit the audience for this one.

It actually exceeded my expectations. Doesn’t look bad compared to the monstrosities bmw has been pumping out. I quite like the over the top boxy flares and carbon seats as well. Having said that, the looks don’t compare with the Emiras

looks fugly in red, but I suspect that would change in a darker more muted colour, the lines being a bit more subtle and less oversized toy like. Must admit with a bit of time and lost of visual acuity it'd grow on me.

Last edited:
To be honest, I like it more than the leaked photos suggested. :oops: :giggle:

And this guy here ist 195cm tall ( 6'5" ) in the video, he has got a lot of headroom:

They have three!! different seat options right from the start.

It remains to be seen how much it will cost with all the interesting options though.

I like it. Its growing on me.

Previous cars have been an M240i and an M4Comp so a fully loaded M2 with carbon seats is a realistic option for me if Lotus don't pull through.

It will drive very well and its a better all rounder than the Emira.

Hope they do an Xdrive version.

I like they try something different rather then copy ugly m3/m4, but it still feels like everyday car. All performance audis, bmw, merc they all look like family cars re-designed by some kids by adding some sharp lines and plastic.

Better than I thought to be fair

Screenshot_20221012-131510_Instagram.jpg

The M2 design language is a bit discombobulated. Smooth curves from the roof down and hard boxy lines from the bottom up. The eye sees this lack of cohesion around the mid flank resulting in a confusing visual design that isn’t particularly attractive.

Back