New from Texas

alvitdk

Reaction score
Hi everyone, newbie here from New Braunfels, beautiful Hill Country in Texas, replanted here from 25 Years Germany, 15 Years New York State, and now 10 Years Texas. Lots of cars over the last 30+ years, mostly BMW, Lexus, and Porsche in the last 20. Put my order in a bit late in the game (April 22), wished my Cayman would have broken down sooner for me to realize there is another brand I have never considered. Either way, did the Lotus Dallas experience and had a great time, no regrets, and will patiently wait for another 12+ months. Was fortunate to visit Lotus for the factory tour last month, an impressive "small" operation.

Last edited:

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome from Austin! 🍻 What year Cayman did you have?

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A MY2014, currently still out of commission with a PDK issue unfortunately

I had a 2014 911 with the manual. It was a fun car but I only kept it for about a year before moving on to something else.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome and congratulations on "seeing the light" of a Lotus alternative ;)

It sounds like you've gone all-in, with the factory tour and a test drive already.

Are you going V6 manual for the Emira or has PDK tempted you towards DCT i4 (or put you off given your current issues)?

OP
alvitdk

alvitdk

Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on "seeing the light" of a Lotus alternative ;)

It sounds like you've gone all-in, with the factory tour and a test drive already.

Are you going V6 manual for the Emira or has PDK tempted you towards DCT i4 (or put you off given your current issues)?
Yeah, pretty much done with Porsche for a while. The new Porsche I had on order was also a manual GTS4.0, not because of the pdk issue but wanted to go back to the basics a bit. PDK is great for track usage I guess, but I did feel it disconnects a bit, even though I am driving it to 99% of the time in manual mode. Not having to commute anywhere and being able to choose when to take the car out for some twisty backroad fun, I have ordered the Emira with V6 and manual. Did not get the 718 GTS until they went back to the flat-6 again either, not a fan of any 4cyl turbo I have to say.