Need the opinions of the under 35 age bracket

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Quite a bit off topic here, ..... I am fully aware that there is a huge "old man" stigma of wearing New Balance sneakers/running shoes/joggers when driving a current modern sports car. Nothing speaks " old man" more than wearing an old man shoe brand that were popular in 1995.

The issue I have is that I just bought these New Balance shoes for running because of the great reviews on several running blogs.

Will I stick out like a sore thumb wearing these driving the Emira ? Is it blasphemy and damaging to the LOTUS brand if I am seen exiting a new EMIRA wearing these New Balance, or can I get away with it due to their design ? ( PS my 16 year old daughter just bought a pair of retro design white leather Reeboks)
Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 9.33.14 PM.png

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, yeah you might stick out a bit. Why not get a clean pair of dedicated driving shoes for the Emira events? Puma, Piloti, or something... I remember they used to have Ferrari and BMW branded Puma driving shoes that looked cool.

FWIW, I'm 37, so just outside your sub 35 survey group. I have a couple pairs of black NB fresh foam Roav sneakers that I really like. Also, I don't really care what anyone else thinks. Just wear what you like and what you're comfortable in.

Last edited:

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Don't forget the jean shorts! All jokes aside, wear whatever you like.

OP
kratedisease

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just let me be clear ...... I threw out all my old black leather fanny packs from 1995.

OP
kratedisease

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm 37, so just outside your sub 35 survey group. I have a couple pairs of black NB fresh foam Roav sneakers that I really like. Also, I don't really care what anyone else thinks. Just west what you like and what you're comfortable in.

you can get away with wearing New Balance ( and even a fanny pack) in your EMIRA because you are 37. You will be seen as simply making a fashion statement by doing so.

I am 3 months away from turning 60........ I do not have that luxury. If I wear any "Retro" styled NB, they will only highlight my dad boobs.

I just hope there is enough room in the back trunk for my future walker with the bright green tennis balls!!

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Those chunky running shoes will be terrible for a tight pedal box. As others have said, Piloti. Keep them in the car since they're not great for walking.

Or, loafers. Good enough for Senna, good enough for me.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
you can get away with wearing New Balance ( and even a fanny pack) in your EMIRA because you are 37. You will be seen as simply making a fashion statement by doing so.

I am 3 months away from turning 60........ I do not have that luxury. If I wear any "Retro" styled NB, they will only highlight my dad boobs.

I just hope there is enough room in the back trunk for my future walker with the bright green tennis balls!!

I'm literally laughing out loud! We might both need some green tennis balls by the time the Emira actually arrives stateside!

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When do you expect to take delivery of the Emira? And will you still have these 👟?

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wear what you want. Half of looking good is having the confidence to not care what others think. There will people who judge regardless of what you do or wear so why care about them.

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I remember they used to have Ferrari and BMW branded Puma driving shoes that looked cool.

Ahum...I have to correct you there...those never were actually 'cool'...actually very far from 'cool' ...depending who's perspective you take ;-)

And...average driver with 'Piloti', will be much slower that fast driver on Vans, NB's, NikeSB...so what's the point about keeping shoes in the trunk... better to invest into a driving course....

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
but on a serious note, the forum has really dropped off over the last 7 - 10 days right? This can only be due to the realisation that none of us are getting our cars as soon as we thought and we are tired of waiting and hence the excitement has died down quite a bit, for many. That or the weather is good and hence we are all outside doing worthwhile things rather than wasting our time in here ;).
There is no news now that will spur us on until either shizzy or carthetic release their reviews and then we can once again say how wrong or right they are, but lets hope they are at least not arrogant in their tone :). Then the final news will be someone saying they have had their 30 day call and that will get us going again and keep us almost going until they take delivery, although maybe maybe shizzy and harry will get their cars before that? I hope not.... I am sure Lotus will be fair///////

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had September build and October delivery communicated by my dealer. But guess this will skip to be early 2023. Actually very looking forward to start the spring of 2023 with driving this car! The lag in deliveries will mean it will be a more rare car as less will be build. I plan to keep and drive it for years and hey, what are a few months on a lifetime. So I am pretty cool about it. We have to get used to a changing society where not everything can be had instantly, where raw materials are scarce and where a wait or uncertainty will be part of normal course of life. We will never ever return to the privileges we were used to up to 2020. So we better adjust our expectations and get used to it. By doing so you will live a much happier life...

My few cents...

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ahum...I have to correct you there...those never were actually 'cool'...actually very far from 'cool' ...depending who's perspective you take ;-)

And...average driver with 'Piloti', will be much slower that fast driver on Vans, NB's, NikeSB...so what's the point about keeping shoes in the trunk... better to invest into a driving course....
Vans, NikeSB/Dunks or Adidas Sambas for the win

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Also just an opinion here, but driving specific shoes are pretty cringy too.

Unless you’re a professional driver, don’t make being the obsessed car driver your entire personality.