• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Navigation system

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it possible to display actual speed limits on the screens from the navigation system?

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
E20540C9-C6D2-480A-974F-4B2EE7BF93C0.jpeg

Shows up only with engine running (ignition is not enough). Only had time to test Apple Maps on wireless Carplay quickly. Both Waze and Maps worked on AA at least however. I only recently changed to iOS so I’m absolutely sure I changed no settings to get it working.

(Right now it show’s the pin icon because I’m on a parking lot, directional icons and distances are showing when enroute)

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow, for me when I’m using google maps or Waze by car play is not showing like yours ,

Did you press any special setting or something ?

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 25479

Shows up only with engine running (ignition is not enough). Only had time to test Apple Maps on wireless Carplay quickly. Both Waze and Maps worked on AA at least however. I only recently changed to iOS so I’m absolutely sure I changed no settings to get it working.

(Right now it show’s the pin icon because I’m on a parking lot, directional icons and distances are showing when enroute)
Thx for posting the photo ! I don’t think that works with Google maps or Waze - I have tried both driving not just ignition on. I’ll try Apple Maps and see if I can replicate.

But my go to is Waze so I’ll live without the directions there and just look at the main screen.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thx for posting the photo ! I don’t think that works with Google maps or Waze - I have tried both driving not just ignition on. I’ll try Apple Maps and see if I can replicate.

But my go to is Waze so I’ll live without the directions there and just look at the main screen.
Can confirm, does not work with Google Maps or Waze via Car Play, does work via AA.
Honestly, I'm never looking at the arrows in the driver's dash, a quick glimpse at the center screen gives so much more contextual information..

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had a read of this thread so thought i'd give it a go too - for me i get the turn signals in the dash with Google Maps pic below, ( via carplay) and the Lotus Nav. Nothing with Waze. ( Disclaimer passenger lent over and took the pic ;-)
IMG_6410.jpg

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had a read of this thread so thought i'd give it a go too - for me i get the turn signals in the dash with Google Maps pic below, ( via carplay) and the Lotus Nav. Nothing with Waze. ( Disclaimer passenger lent over and took the pic ;-)View attachment 25683
Interesting 🧐 I don’t with google maps for sure. One query - using wireless Apple Car Play or Wired ?

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Me too with google maps or Waze , only dashboard display working with Apple maps

The native navigation system how it works ? I don’t remember it

Tonygcar

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Help please with sat nav I put a random destination and pressed the home icon ( somewhere in the town where I live just to get me home from where I picked the car up from new, my first drive I was to inpatient to get going) now I can’t figure out how to stop the guidance or change my home location typical bloke I just pressed buttons and thought that will do just to get me on my way and I’ll figure it out later but I’ve gone through the menus but no joy so far.
I don’t want to ask the wife to have a look or I won’t hear the end of it 🤪🙄
I’ve stopped the guidance but still can’t figure out how to change my home destination

Last edited:

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Help please with sat nav I put a random destination and pressed the home icon ( somewhere in the town where I live just to get me home from where I picked the car up from new, my first drive I was to inpatient to get going) now I can’t figure out how to stop the guidance or change my home location typical bloke I just pressed buttons and thought that will do just to get me on my way and I’ll figure it out later but I’ve gone through the menus but no joy so far.
I don’t want to ask the wife to have a look or I won’t hear the end of it 🤪🙄
I’ve stopped the guidance but still can’t figure out how to change my home destination
Here is what the infotainment handbook says about that.
1683472911250.png

OP
H

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anybody used the Sygic navigation app with Android Auto, looking at the spec it has speed limit info, current speed, and also dashcam features.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anybody used the Sygic navigation app with Android Auto, looking at the spec it has speed limit info, current speed, and also dashcam features.
It has all of that (premium+ subscription version but not expensive) on iOS for sure as I have it (ad monthly free offline map updates as well, so it's not mobile-signal dependent), and this page suggests it's the same on Android :

OP
H

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It has all of that (premium+ subscription version but not expensive) on iOS for sure as I have it (ad monthly free offline map updates as well, so it's not mobile-signal dependent), and this page suggests it's the same on Android :

Are you running in an Emira?