99.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 110

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I love it!

The Evora GT looks something like the coolest futuristic tuner/race car imaginable from Gran Turismo when I was a teenager (late 90s/early 2000s).

The Emira looks more like a low volume, super sophisticated sports car from an Italian design house!

I debated whether to buy an elegant Emira or an aggressive Evora GT for a long time. I ultimately went with the Emira. The longer I look at them, the more I want both!

Like Diddy said, Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems!

OP
V

Vampyre

Reaction score
I love it!

The Evora GT looks something like the coolest futuristic tuner/race car imaginable from Gran Turismo when I was a teenager (late 90s/early 2000s).

The Emira looks more like a low volume, super sophisticated sports car from an Italian design house!

I debated whether to buy an elegant Emira or an aggressive Evora GT for a long time. I ultimately went with the Emira. The longer I look at them, the more I want both!

Like Diddy said, Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems!
In brief, the Evora GT is raw and feels very alive and excited on the road in a good way. The Emira is more refined and tempered, it feels much more smooth in power feel and engine note and inside cabin sound. The Evora GT has sports suspension and the Emira has touring.

depending on the drive, so if i am hunting backroads alone, the Evora GT makes a great day, if I'm out with my wife or a passenger, the Emira with touring suspensions is perfect for me.

Both different and neither replace the other for me.

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Emira has the sport suspension. I’d like to drive it back to back with an Evora GT to compare.

I rented a 2020 Evora GT in 2021, which is what led my to buying the Emira. I seem to remember that car being more direct than my Emira, but I don’t know if that was because (1) I had never driven a nimble, mid-engine car before and (2) the Evora GT seats are less cushioned and more aggressive, as is the seating position.

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Also, I am sure that the factory will come up with some harder edged edition of the Emira, at which point I’ll consider buying those factory parts form my Emira.

On the other hand, I went down the endless modification rabbit hole on my Mustang GT and made that car, let’s say, and acquired taste. The taste being rod end bushings and NVH!

OP
V

Vampyre

Reaction score
My Emira has the sport suspension. I’d like to drive it back to back with an Evora GT to compare.

I rented a 2020 Evora GT in 2021, which is what led my to buying the Emira. I seem to remember that car being more direct than my Emira, but I don’t know if that was because (1) I had never driven a nimble, mid-engine car before and (2) the Evora GT seats are less cushioned and more aggressive, as is the seating position.
Nice, I spec'ed touring on my Emira as my Evora GT has sport. I think that would be great to compare like suspensions, Evora GT and Emira both on sport.

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nice, I spec'ed touring on my Emira as my Evora GT has sport. I think that would be great to compare like suspensions, Evora GT and Emira both on sport.

I think the aesthetics of the Evora GT lends itself to wilder colors.

Dynamically, I would think that the Emira could be very easily tuned to feel almost identical to the Evora GT, and vice versa.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
In brief, the Evora GT is raw and feels very alive and excited on the road in a good way. The Emira is more refined and tempered, it feels much more smooth in power feel and engine note and inside cabin sound. The Evora GT has sports suspension and the Emira has touring.

depending on the drive, so if i am hunting backroads alone, the Evora GT makes a great day, if I'm out with my wife or a passenger, the Emira with touring suspensions is perfect for me.

You hit the nail on the head

OP
V

Vampyre

Reaction score
How does your Vette compare?
The C8 HTC is a beast and an amazing touring car, lots of tech if spec'ed and very easy to get use to, loads of power and grip, of course not as much steering feedback as a Lotus, but in the C8's defense, what does? Insane 0 to 60 times for a stock setup
front and back trunks so room for storage and it's a convertible too.
Overall if you are not a brand snob, there is nothing wrong with a C8 from my point of view. Easy to spec it for track to.

OP
V

Vampyre

Reaction score
I think the aesthetics of the Evora GT lends itself to wilder colors.

Dynamically, I would think that the Emira could be very easily tuned to feel almost identical to the Evora GT, and vice versa.
I am sure you can get the two cars close, since they are both based on the Eagle platform and have the same engine.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I agree with your assessment. For comparison, my Emira does have sports suspension with cup2 tires, and it is still a bit softer than the Evora GT. Seems to have more suspension travel which makes it more compliant. All in a good way.

IMG_2770.jpeg

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm not into brand snobbery. I don't understand why someone wouldn't buy a C8 just because it's a GM product. I've always thought that the "prestige" brands are too often given a pass on quality control and absurd maintenance schedules just because they are exclusive.

For example, I really wanted a Ferrari F355. A decent gated 6 speed can be found in the same ballpark as a new Emira. Then I read about the engine-out service that had to be done before the car hit 15k miles. In my opinion, that's unacceptable. People make excuses for this, claiming the engine is race-bred, etc. I completely disagree. That sort of service schedule smacks of poor engineering, and completely unsuitable for a road car.

I have always held the Corvette in high regard, as it manages to deliver reliability, reasonable service costs, and great performance for a reasonable sum. It's the same way that the most recent GT350 represented a very good value.

If Kia, or Geely for that matter..., made the Emira, I wouldn't really care.

I have an analog Ccasio "dive" watch that looks like a much more expensive timepiece. than the $50 walmart watch it is. One day in the checkout lane at the grocery store, the guy behind me complimented me and asked what type of watch it was. His looked perplexed and crestfallen when I told him where I bought it and how much I bought it for. I was tickled!

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Corvette really started to earn my respect with C6, it's just that their exterior and interior design work didn't quite appeal to me. But I freely acknowledge that life would be easier (and cheaper) if I was a vette guy

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Corvette really started to earn my respect with C6, it's just that their exterior and interior design work didn't quite appeal to me. But I freely acknowledge that life would be easier (and cheaper) if I was a vette guy
I think it's still pretty incredible that they actually made a mid-engine v8. That's pretty wild and a sports car bargain. Unfortunately I don't prefer the looks and no manual so it's out. And then the Emira came along...

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If I had my way, an American made all aluminum NA V8, a la Corvette or Mustang, would be where the Emira’s engine is.

The supercharged Toyota V6 is probably the next best thing as far as parts, durability, reliability, etc.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If I had my way, an American made all aluminum NA V8, a la Corvette or Mustang, would be where the Emira’s engine is.

The supercharged Toyota V6 is probably the next best thing as far as parts, durability, reliability, etc.
I would prefer a high revving v8 like the s65 in the M3, but forced induction is way more practical and v6 supercharged feels pretty ideal to me.

Back to the previous topic, I don't really care about brands (that much). Care more about the quality of the product.

Am I an oddball in that I don't really view Lotus as a luxury brand? I think they are niche, nobody knows who they are, and I like that.

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Am I an oddball in that I don't really view Lotus as a luxury brand? I think they are niche, nobody knows who they are, and I like that.

Agreed. Lotus isn’t “luxury” to me either. Niche is the perfect way to describe them. I