Might be the first windshield replacement in the US šŸ†šŸ˜­

FeelsWheels

Reaction score
For the first time, after 24 years of driving, and only 1 week with my Emira (and 800 miles), a very mean and nasty rock collided with my front windshield. She's at Lotus of Orlando right now and well.... it seems that I might be the first one in the US to have their windshield replaced. Yay .... trophy for me. I dropped her off on Tuesday and they have not yet provided me a quote. Apparently, they are "still working on figuring this out" with Lotus.
šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

The only thing keeping me at peace is knowing that I only have 200 more miles to break her in whenever she comes back =D

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Charliebrown-1-.jpg

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've had my SUV for two weeks and got a rock yesterday as well. Feels bad man. Sorry for your windshield loss.. I think I'm going to PPF the windscreen as well. Just for the added impact protection.

OP
FeelsWheels

FeelsWheels

Reaction score
I've had my SUV for two weeks and got a rock yesterday as well. Feels bad man. Sorry for your windshield loss.. I think I'm going to PPF the windscreen as well. Just for the added impact protection.
Thank you, friend. I didn't know you could PPF the windshield.

HeReigns

Reaction score
I just had the windshield film installed yesterday on mine. Stek Dynoflex. It cost $500 and supposedly only has a 1% distortion. It comes with a 2 year warranty. I decided to try it out as I want to limit my odds of having to replace a windshield on the Emira anytime soon. I can't really even tell it's there so that's good. They said I was a good candidate since the vehicle is garaged and a third vehicle not daily driven. Rock chips are notorious in AZ.

OP
FeelsWheels

FeelsWheels

Reaction score
I just had the windshield film installed yesterday on mine. Stek Dynoflex. It cost $500 and supposedly only has a 1% distortion. It comes with a 2 year warranty. I decided to try it out as I want to limit my odds of having to replace a windshield on the Emira anytime soon. I can't really even tell it's there so that's good. They said I was a good candidate since the vehicle is garaged and a third vehicle not daily driven. Rock chips are notorious in AZ.
Now I really want this :) Thanks everyone for all of the great recommendations and new products to research.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah, it's not PPF exactly and yes it'll wear and have to be replaced perhaps annually (especially in rainy areas) but I'm not looking forward to waiting for Lotus to make replacements readily available.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
She's at Lotus of Orlando right now and well... they have not yet provided me a quote. Apparently, they are "still working on figuring this out" with Lotus.
šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
You're in Florida man, we get our windshields fixed or replaced for free as long as you have decent insurance. I've personally done this with multiple cars, rates do not go up.

I'd suggest checking with your insurance before paying out of pocket.

Last edited:

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I believe the free windshield rule in FL applies only if you have a comprehensive policy.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I believe the free windshield rule in FL applies only if you have a comprehensive policy.
Just googled, you're probably right. I've always had Full coverage, looks like comprehensive is a category included within it.

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Damn that sucks :( please letā€™s us know whatā€™s the damage price wise to get it fixed and how long is the wait to get the windshield in

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The STEK works well. I had it installed on my GT4 three years ago, and itā€™s saved the glass on numerous occasions. I havenā€™t heard about the need to replace it every year though, and will definitely inquire. I have heard that some are reluctant to install it, but for what reason I donā€™t know. Sounds like lotus better send a boatload of windscreens across the pond though, as our roads in the U.S. can really suck.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the bad luck @FeelsWheels! It happens to the best of us eventually.

Did Orlando say how long to source a replacement?

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Nba19002

Reaction score
For the first time, after 24 years of driving, and only 1 week with my Emira (and 800 miles), a very mean and nasty rock collided with my front windshield. She's at Lotus of Orlando right now and well.... it seems that I might be the first one in the US to have their windshield replaced. Yay .... trophy for me. I dropped her off on Tuesday and they have not yet provided me a quote. Apparently, they are "still working on figuring this out" with Lotus.
šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

The only thing keeping me at peace is knowing that I only have 200 more miles to break her in whenever she comes back =D

Did you end up getting your windshield replaced?

I have 580 miles on my Emira...I just took it out today and had the same misfortune.

MickOpalak

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I hope your replacement works out well. I too got a rock chip in my Evora's windshield and took it to Lotus of Atlanta for replacement. They did the work quickly and I had the car back in under a week. However, afterwards I noticed a wind noise at highway speeds. So I took it back. They diagnosed the A pillars and replaced the trim for no charge. However, when I picked the car up the rear view mirror promptly fell off the new wind shield! Back to the dealer once again.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This is the issue you're going to have with a car that sits low like the Emira, especially in a sea of very tall SUV's and pickups. I want to get something to protect the headlights and windshield. Even if you don't get a rock chip or crack, you're still going to get sand pitting if you drive in traffic.