Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I thought it may be interesting to post pictures of the car in different light. It's the same car, all photos taken with the same iPhone, in the same place. Maybe something to do with the phone and auto white balance. Perhaps I should have done it the the DSLR with the same WB setting? However, in real life the car does look different in different light, which for me is part of it's attraction.

As far as driving, I've not driven it yet in snow and ice, but I have 16 years of Elise driving and some of that was daily, through the winter. The traction is far better than you might think, largely because you have a heavy weight over the rear wheels. Driving it carefully, Ive never had a problem with the Elise and I doubt the Emira will be vastly different. However, I think the wider tyres on the Emira may make it more of a handful in the snow. Since you can feel what's going on through the steering, it helps to keep the car pointed in the right direction.

As for all weather care, the car normally lives in the garage, but the Elise is in there until I sell it, so this is the first time it's been "outside". The main thing is, "it's a car, not a garage queen". Drive it, get it dirty. Clean it. Repeat. Cars benefit from being driven.
Amen

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Continuing the Magma and Ice theme. -9 this morning and running like a dream.

IMG_2168.jpeg

Sjetware

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My car just got ppf and ceramic coat; likely the cleanest the car will ever be.

Waiting on carb currently.

Attachments

• IMG_2526.jpg
    IMG_2526.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,514
  • IMG_2529.jpg
    IMG_2529.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2531.jpg
    IMG_2531.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 124

Coreyalert3

Reaction score
Top picture is how my Samsung S23 Ultra takes a picture by default and is not accurate with how the car looks. Bottom is edit thru the default phone settings to how it looks in person. Well actually it pops a little more in person its slightly dimmer in this edit but it's a good accurate representation of Magma Red in the sun compared to what the phone captures.

Haven't cleaned the wheels yet 😂

Attachments

• 20240317_131458.jpg
    20240317_131458.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 87

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The bottom pic is a pretty fair colour rendition of what mine looks like in “ real life”.

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’s like the vivid or magma argument all over again! You can see where the confusion comes from