Lotus Type 135 EV sportscar

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I hear an engine and a gear shift. Sounds like an AMG in tour mode to me.

I don't really hear anything. Doubt it's a 135 though. Why would they use a [seemingly] fully built Emira body/interior for testing? I also doubt the EV setup would just fit in.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Maybe worth mentioning that I was listening in very good headphones and the engine note I hear is quiet and very low-end bass-y. If listening on a laptop or at low volume, might be lost.

Edit: Yep just listened on my laptop and didn't hear anything. In the noise canceling headphones I can hear the engine note. Very quiet, but definitely there.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This car will probably be released in the US before the Emira. :LOL:
If they pull their fingers out and get it out the door in 2025 they won’t be making many Emiras because what is the incentive of upping production if it means more equipment just to change to the new EV. Sounds like they will need all the space they can get at Hethel.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If they pull their fingers out and get it out the door in 2025 they won’t be making many Emiras because what is the incentive of upping production if it means more equipment just to change to the new EV. Sounds like they will need all the space they can get at Hethel.

They’re constructing three new buildings at Hethel - new production hall for the EV sports car line, with logistics and office buildings….

Mickeymo

Reaction score
I really hope that Lotus absolutely nail the Type 135! The only other electric sports car (not supercar, or sporty sedan) that I can name off the top of my head is the first generation Tesla Roadster, and that one was even based on the Lotus Elise. And so if Lotus play their cards right, they could have a HUGE head start over other electric sports car manufacturers!
There's the MG

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m hoping they change their mind and keep making updated versions of the Emira for the next 30 years and as AMG or Audi to supply a 4.0 V8 turbo for it.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I really hope that Lotus absolutely nail the Type 135! The only other electric sports car (not supercar, or sporty sedan) that I can name off the top of my head is the first generation Tesla Roadster, and that one was even based on the Lotus Elise. And so if Lotus play their cards right, they could have a HUGE head start over other electric sports car manufacturers!
New Ev Dodge Challengers and Chargers being launched down the line by the stellantis build team as we speak. 2024 2025 for 50k USD Start price. Stelantis STLA large platform.. Banshee model 800v architecture and 126 decibel exhaust promising to blow away Hellcat.

Last edited:

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
New Ev Dodge Challengers and Chargers being launched down the line by the stellantis build team as we speak. 2024 2025 for 50k USD Start price. Stelantis STLA large platform.. Banshee model 800v architecture and 126 decibel exhaust promising to blow away Hellcat.
Are we talking hybrid or EV with fake loud exhaust?