Lotus Proposal for August

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been thought of already, but Ive not seen it in the popular threads at least. In theory by the end of next week at the latest we should know if some of us will have out cars in July and then it makes sense that others would have them in August, I dont know how many but Im guessing in the region of 10-30 people.
Hence, I think it would be a nice idea, for those who can and those who want to, for those with and those without, to organise an event at a suitable location with "all" of our cars.

Idea being,
1. we can meet and drink some 7 UP,
2. we can see each others cars
3. those without their cars yet can see various colours and specs
4. those without their Emiras can come in their other showy off cars and make us feel bad or good, depending
5. we can try to get a local dealer involved to bring a car or two for short sample drives especially aimed at those who have ordered or considering it
6. AND it would be NICE if we could maybe link up with a local children's charity or something to do some real good.. .Im sure the children would love not only to see 10 - 25 Emira's but also the other shouty cars of members. Perhaps we can all pay a small amount, about 10k or so, and organize some drinks *vodka and food, for the children... something at least as it will be hot.
It would seem to make sense to do this around Mid August, when everyone is away... no well, we can have a vote, but maybe the 2nd o 3rd weekend of august on a Sunday morning.

Perhaps around the midlands or a bit south of there, but not too far south as then the northerners will be put off.
Im happy to spend some time trying to organise something and Im happy to have help. I dont live in the UK, so somethings may be harder and I have zero contacts for locations or charities, but I can obviously speak to a dealer over the phone and perhaps even to Lotus direct, who may like the idea of seeing all their cars together and smiling faces, just like every day going to work at the factory I am sure haha.

Perhaps anything concrete can wait until TomE and others get confirmation of their deliveries for July and we see that they can actually pay for them, some people are all talk you know. haha.
I think this would be great and a nice way to start our Lotus Emira life.

Right now I'm just waiting for some owner photos and feedback, and what their experience has been so far. How was the delivery, what are their first impressions, etc.

Right now I'm just waiting for some owner photos and feedback, and what their experience has been so far. How was the delivery, what are their first impressions, etc.
yes, but for those of us in the UK, or who will be in August, what better way to get it, than face to face :)

@First Lotus proposed something for July when we were expecting first deliveries in June, as a way for people further down the queue to see the colours and options on physical cars:

Happy to participate if you want to organise something, there should be about 600-700 UK cars delivered by end August. The current UK events calendar is here:

Maybe something near Silverstone, I'm sure Matt and Aimee at Lotus Silverstone would support it. Or Caffeine & Machine - although it will be busy on an August weekend, I'm sure they would support it and it would get a lot of petrolhead attention. Or maybe link up with the Lotus Technology Centre at Warwick.

@First Lotus proposed something for July when we were expecting first deliveries in June, as a way for people further down the queue to see the colours and options on physical cars:

Happy to participate if you want to organise something, there should be about 600-700 UK cars delivered by end August. The current UK events calendar is here:

Maybe something near Silverstone, I'm sure Matt and Aimee at Lotus Silverstone would support it. Or Caffeine & Machine - although it will be busy on an August weekend, I'm sure they would support it and it would get a lot of petrolhead attention. Or maybe link up with the Lotus Technology Centre at Warwick.
thankyou.
I will check out first lotus's post, I dont want to step on anyones toes, but if he's on to it then that one meet would be enough I guess, at least for august and I wont be around the rest of the year.
Anyway, lets see what happens re getting the cars 1st also.... half way through the week and counting haha

Okay, I see the other show is for the heathrow area so there may still be room for a midlands type show. Lets get some cars confirmed and then we can test the water with dates and interest for both meets/shows, where I will allow them to take the initiative first.