• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus number 7 and loving it

Monza

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello everybody, just joined the forum and should have done it months ago.

My Emira was delivered in January and it is without doubt the best Lotus I have owned. Sadly it's not without it's problems but so far all have been resolved by my dealer (I refuse to call them an 'agent') Bell & Colvill.

My previous Lotuses are:
1971 Elan Sprint, owned for 52 years and still in my possession
1991 Elan M100, owned for 8 years
1997 Esprit V8, just 18 months, died of a porous cylinder head .......
1999 Esprit V8GT, owned for 14 years
2012 Evora S, owned for 6 years
2016 Evora 400, owned for 3 years, traded for the Emira.

The Emira is nicer to drive than the 400, with a much better gear change and with a more comfortable and complete interior. A little less luggage space having 'lost' the rear seat but for me a keeper.

Happy days.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the car. B&C are excellent.

Great car history, do you have any pictures you can share? And of your Emira of course.

We have a monthly Lotus owners meet near B&C at Newlands Corner - you may have been with one of your previous cars. Every third Sunday, next one is this coming weekend:

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
From his Avatar it looks like Hethel with yellow calipers and silver wheels. Yes, pics please!

OP
Monza

Monza

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the car. B&C are excellent.

Great car history, do you have any pictures you can share? And of your Emira of course.

We have a monthly Lotus owners meet near B&C at Newlands Corner - you may have been with one of your previous cars. Every third Sunday, next one is this coming weekend:
Thanks for your welcome TomE and for the info on the Newlands Corner meets. The next 'third Sunday' that's free in my Diary is the 15th October. I'll do my best to be there.

I see I claim to have owned my Elan for 52 years, which is wrong. It's 52 years old, I've only owned it for 45 years!
IMG_1773.JPG

And here is a picture of the Emira..
IMG_2806.JPG

taken just after it had been delivered.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
45 years of ownership is amazing. And after seeing pictures of your cars I realise we've known each other for about 20 years through the Club Lotus track days at Goodwood. Your yellow Evora S and my blue Evora S lapped together probably 8-9 years ago.

I snapped your Emira here:

OP
Monza

Monza

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
45 years of ownership is amazing. And after seeing pictures of your cars I realise we've known each other for about 20 years through the Club Lotus track days at Goodwood. Your yellow Evora S and my blue Evora S lapped together probably 8-9 years ago.

I snapped your Emira here:
Hi Tom,
That was 2015. After 16 events with us at Goodwood you must have recognised the Elan.

I'm hoping to get to Newlands Corner on Sunday .....