• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Lena, Etude and Envya?

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Trademark filing uncovered for those 3 names, submitted alongside Eletre.

Were they just to throw people off the scent of Eletre, or will they be types 133 - 135?

Also, I didn't realize Lotus sold the rights to Elan to Kia 🤨

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd also heard rumours they were considering a non-E name for one of the future models. Lena would be a clever re-hash and for the first 'lectric sportscar might work. The others could be 133 and 134, although Envya is quite close to Evija phonetically and so might be confusing.

Lotus sold the M100 Elan production rights to Kia, who built the Kia Elan and Kia Vigato based on it. But I think the name was only allowed to be used on that car and I don't think it was sold outright. The 5 cars launched by Dany Bahar included a new Elan.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If they're looking for a name for the Type 135, I sure hope it isn't Lena. That doesn't even sound like a car, much less a sports car. Tell them to try the Lotus Exalt, Elude, Elusion. My favorite would be the Lotus Elusion:

e·lu·sion| əˈlo͞oSH(ə)n | noun the action of escaping from or avoiding a danger, enemy, or pursuer, typically in a skillful or cunning way

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And I was thinking "Elon" :p

Might just happen! Soon Tesla will realise that they can't deliver the roadster so decide to purchase Lotus and rename Type 135. Oh, and the infotainment system will have a built-in twitter client, a new ludicrous drive mode and a programmable Dukes of Hazzard horn sound. 😲

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Might just happen! Soon Tesla will realise that they can't deliver the roadster so decide to purchase Lotus and rename Type 135. Oh, and the infotainment system will have a built-in twitter client, a new ludicrous drive mode and a programmable Dukes of Hazzard horn sound. 😲
And every new FE comes with a free Daisy Duke

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
And they’ll only be available in white, because it’s now just an “appliance”.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another idea: Lotus Elysian

E·ly·sian| iˈliZH(ē)ən, eˈliZH(ē)ən, iˈlēZH(ē)ən, ēˈliZH(ē)ən |
adjective relating to or characteristic of heaven or paradise.