Lotus Emira Service Notes

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone have them they can post? I see they were released on 01/23/2023, however I cannot find a copy (Free).

Some thoughts from reading the service notes:
- Clutch replacement still requires engine removal when going by the book.
- All four fenders are pretty easy to remove.
- Removing the center console to potentially remove the shifter mesh involves removing lots of switches and harnesses and potentially both seats according to the service notes.

It seems the key to access is the VIN.
Denied Access is soon to be the title of my autobiography.
Living in denial and other suburban myths.
The key is money, just like every other modern auto mfg repair center site.

$32 later I have a 600 page repair manual.

I looked through the manual to see if there was documentation on technical data for alignment, none was found. I suppose that’ll come in a different document?

Can you check if there is something noted regarding subwoofer install/service?

Good to know before spending money to get it :D

Can you check if there is something noted regarding subwoofer install/service?

Good to know before spending money to get it :D
Yup.

- Remove rear bulkhead trim (6xm5x16 bolts 6 clips)
- Remove b pillar trim (pop-off pieces and the seatbelt bolt plus M6x20 bolt, 2 clips hold in place)
- Remove rear quarter left side trim. (3x M6-20 bolts, one M5x16 bolt, and 5 clips)
- 4x M6x20 bolts securing the subwoof in place.

Does posting the service notes pose an issue @TomE ?
It depends what the T&Cs of the download were. If you'd be breaching Lotus copyright by making it publicly available then Lotus would probably issue a take-down notice to the forum if you linked it on here. Check the copyright section of our terms here.

Some thoughts from reading the service notes:
- Clutch replacement still requires engine removal when going by the book.
- All four fenders are pretty easy to remove.
- Removing the center console to potentially remove the shifter mesh involves removing lots of switches and harnesses and potentially both seats according to the service notes.
If engine removal is still required to get to the clutch then hopefully the panel removal is easier than removing the whole rear clam on the Evora. Do the notes quote a "book time" for carrying out the clutch change?

If engine removal is still required to get to the clutch then hopefully the panel removal is easier than removing the whole rear clam on the Evora. Do the notes quote a "book time" for carrying out the clutch change?
No book time quotes however removal of the engine requires removal of the boot area which also means removal of rear bumper and rear fenders. Likely nowhere nearly as labor intensive as the old rear clam but still quite a few body panels needs to be removed.

Yup.

- Remove rear bulkhead trim (6xm5x16 bolts 6 clips)
- Remove b pillar trim (pop-off pieces and the seatbelt bolt plus M6x20 bolt, 2 clips hold in place)
- Remove rear quarter left side trim. (3x M6-20 bolts, one M5x16 bolt, and 5 clips)
- 4x M6x20 bolts securing the subwoof in place.
Thank you ♥

Haha I just noticed they have an hourly option, even cheaper!

1674686331548.png