Lotus Emira Key?

Andrew

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I was wondering if anyone knows how the EMIRA key will look like?
I couldn't find anything so far on the web.

Regards,
Andrew

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I was wondering if anyone knows how the EMIRA key will look like?
I couldn't find anything so far on the web.

Regards,
Andrew
Probably just a typical fob since keyless entry/start is standard. I'm betting it'll be a Volvo clone.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s a bespoke key fob for the Emira and a “design” item. I haven’t seen it but know people who have and it’s apparently very nice. It’s being kept under wraps at the moment.

DrNio13

Reaction score
It’s a bespoke key fob for the Emira and a “design” item. I haven’t seen it but know people who have and it’s apparently very nice. It’s being kept under wraps at the moment.
great news...Lotus attracts many customers from Porsche. I am sure they wouldn't want to miss such a nice feature :)
great question @Andrew

Nonoyeah

Reaction score
Having just lost my wife’s ‘20 Audi Q3 mini black brick keyless fob at a replacement cost of $900+ $200 labor to bind to vehicle I vote for a simple brass stick in ignition key.

Nonoyeah

Reaction score
You sure it wasn't your wife that lost it?
Quite sure. I put the fob on the roof of the Q3 while hosing off our boat on the attached trailer. Then I got in and pushed the ignition start and drove the 3 miles home and it was not till I went to lock it that I realized I had no fob.

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Quite sure. I put the fob on the roof of the Q3 while hosing off our boat on the attached trailer. Then I got in and pushed the ignition start and drove the 3 miles home and it was not till I went to lock it that I realized I had no fob.
😱 oh man, I've done that with a coffee, but you one wins hands down.

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I did it with my wallet on top of my SUV drove 20 miles on Highway and it was still there when I pulled up into the garage :LOL:. think my roof rack supported it from flying off

Adam.sinclair

Reaction score
Managed to see it today at Parks of Hamilton, they had the details on an iPad. Was nice looking, silver body with black recess and three buttons. Reminded me a little of an Aston Martin key minus the glass. Key will be keyless start but not keyless entry.

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Managed to see it today at Parks of Hamilton, they had the details on an iPad. Was nice looking, silver body with black recess and three buttons. Reminded me a little of an Aston Martin key minus the glass. Key will be keyless start but not keyless entry.
No keyless entry— that’s a bummer

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Did it look like any of the Geely keys?
Hae31c8c2b93c410080e032d968601091M.jpg

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’d accept any of these. But would be even cooler if the chrome accents were matched to the car’s chosen exterior. Maybe anodized aluminum