• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira Future Versions Thread

I do not think there will be future editions of the V6 manual.

I am having issues with a early build Lotus Emira which ideally would need to be replaced.

However when I enquired about building me a brand new one.

Lotus Customer Service said they were not building anymore V6 manuals. Once they have fulfilled their order book.

As much as i would love to see an Emira evolution..... I don't think there will be other versions. But then i think, Lotus always finds a way to surprise us lol. 500hp AMG 4 cyl turbo LOL

I do not think there will be future editions of the V6 manual.

I am having issues with a early build Lotus Emira which ideally would need to be replaced.

However when I enquired about building me a brand new one.

Lotus Customer Service said they were not building anymore V6 manuals. Once they have fulfilled their order book.
Yes, I have been hearing the same for UK... Emira S i4 400 BHP to take over for the V6. It will be a very quick car, and if they keep it at V6 pricing it looks to be good value... a true GT4 competitor. Shame about the manual tho...

As much as i would love to see an Emira evolution..... I don't think there will be other versions. But then i think, Lotus always finds a way to surprise us lol. 500hp AMG 4 cyl turbo LOL
An Emira R @ 450 BHP with a lot of carbon, racing seats and titanium exhaust would put down some serious track times I would think... Plus all the Aero goodies from the Emira GT4 (front Bonet cutout, rear wing etc...)

Even still the R if it is like the GT430 should have reduced weight, better seats, big wing, etc. in other words be the GT4 version of the emira if it ever materializes.

Honestly I’m curious but perfectly happy with the balance struck with the FE. The only thing that will instigate jealousy is a proper BRG color. That will hurt a little 😂
Just without the manual transmission!

For those of you on this thread any sense of when Lotus will drop the V6? I hear lots of conflicting timelines.

Lotus is not releasing any evolution yet and at the same time, the more time goes by, the more I see the evolution of hydrogen cars in the shadow of electric, the less I want to switch to electric. If Lotus doesn't release an S or R version with specs for crazy enthusiasts like me then I'll probably switch to another brand, but I'll also keep my Évora as long as I can drive manual, no matter what.

I heard from someone that Toyota is no longer selling Lotus the V6 engine that's why they are no longer going to be producing the V6 after the run of automatics is done with. Could be total vaporware though, but who really knows.

I heard from someone that Toyota is no longer selling Lotus the V6 engine that's why they are no longer going to be producing the V6 after the run of automatics is done with. Could be total vaporware though, but who really knows.
For that 'rumor' to be true, it squelchs a Base Edition version. We'll know by late 3Q when it's 'rumored' that configurator will launch.
Dust off 'big if true' comment.

Back