Lotus Emeya - EV hyper-GT coming soon

Jack Stone

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great news to see another Lotus plan coming to fruition. But has anyone asked Lotus Cars (and got a sensible answer) about how it proposes to support the huge global installed fleet it is threatening to accumulate if sales claims are based on the truth?

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I hope the Lotus Emeya is successful, yet I have my doubts. They are based on the large number of Porsche Taycans sitting unsold on North America Dealer lots......

I just get the feeling that the US market is not ready to go EV yet. Yes, some early adopters, yet not enough to support all the new EVs coming to the market.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I hope the Lotus Emeya is successful, yet I have my doubts. They are based on the large number of Porsche Taycans sitting unsold on North America Dealer lots......

I just get the feeling that the US market is not ready to go EV yet. Yes, some early adopters, yet not enough to support all the new EVs coming to the market.
The largest market for it will be China not the US. Europe the second largest market.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My next vehicle after the Emira will be a EV. My daily almost has 200k and I am looking for a replacement. Seriously considering the Mustang Mach E. I would love to have the Emeya but there is NO way I am getting on this crazy train again. Ill stick to something else.

Ozmira

Reaction score
EV's are a hard sell for me, it'll be a while before I get over the fact that you're buying based on mostly aesthetics, and not as much on engineering. (i know there is a lot of engineering in EV's, but still..) hard to justify buying a ferrari EV when it might get wiped 0-60 by a pedestrian looking tesla plaid.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've been daily driving and occasionally tracking an EV for 5 years and it's been great. The only reason I put up with the Lotus shitshow (for lack of a better term) is the opportunity to have a modern yet still somewhat "analog" sports car to complement the EV experience.

If and when I get another EV, it will not be from Lotus. I'll stick with the established brands who know how to communicate and run a business. Still curious to see what they come up with; the few Eletre reviews I've seen were surprisingly very positive.